~8~

"Mama Baker is very discrete about the people she talks to. I've only heard the name once or twice, but I'm sure that's who it was."

"Is there something we can do to like, stop her from what she's planning?" I asked.

"We can't stop what we don't know." Ken said.

"If mama Baker is anything, she's very good at being furtive. We didn't even know her and Papa Masy were that serious when they got married." Jayson said.

"Which is one of the main reasons I don't approve of her. I just know she got in his head making him want to get together." Ken added.

"Now, now, let's not back track here," Jayson looked to Ken. "I'm going to see how everything is going with those two downstairs. Maybe I can see if she said anything before she left." He told us as he walked out.

"He sure does look out for you." I said.

"Yeah he does. I think it's mostly because he felt bad for me."

"Felt bad for you? Why?" I asked.

"Well, this is just my assumption, but I think it has something to do with how things turned out after my mother and father got their divorce," Ken looked to the door. "I don't think I've told you this, but Jayson is actually my cousin on my mother's side of the family."

"He's you're cousin?" I couldn't help but be shocked.

"Yeah, he is. He's my mother's favorite nephew. And because he liked her so much, he was the one who watched me and Sano when they would leave out or were busy doing something. When they split up, he said he'd stay to work around here and keep an eye on me."

It isn't too hard to believe that Ken and Jayson are related. It's no wonder they seem so close and alike.

"But I could be wrong about my assumption," He started again, "Jayson respects my father, but he didn't really like that he picked her just as much as I didn't."

"What exactly has she done for you to dislike her so much?" I know she seems different, but he never told me anything that she actually did.

Ken didn't respond right away. If it has anything to do with why Jayson was trying to keep him calm, then maybe I shouldn't have asked.

"If you don't want to say, then I don't have to know."

"It's not really that, I just don't feel this is the time to talk about it," he said. "Actually, I think we should talk more about Sano now." I grew wide-eyed not expecting him to want to talk about Sano.

"If she really is going to do some investigation on him, you can't do anything out of the ordinary. Otherwise, she might suspect something."

"What makes you say I'd do something out of the ordinary?" I asked.

"Well," he started, "it wasn't completely out of the ordinary, but it wasn't expected to have him here right now, now was it?"

"I told you I didn't know he was even back until right after you left."

"I know I know, but you like to act on impulse. You don't want to tip her off, or let him know."

"So you don't want him to know that he's going to be watched?"

"We don't want to raise suspicion. Plus, you said he was talking about moving back here, so it shouldn't be much of a problem." The way he said that last sentence seemed like he might've been taking it as a problem.

"Are you okay with him moving back here?"

"I'm just curious to know why would he want to."

"Well, you know the situation he's in. Why is it so hard to believe he would consider coming back home when he doesn't really have a home to stay anymore?" I was waiting for an answer he was having trouble giving me when we heard another knock at the door.