~9~

"You're lucky I was busy this weekend, or else I would've been at you're house to see what was going on since you act like you forgot how to work a phone." Katie came to me upset when I got to my locker at school since I hadn't contacted her all weekend.

"I'm sorry. I was also busy over the weekend and I forgot to text you."

"What had you all tied up?"

"It's a really long story. I'd have to tell you another time."

"Oh, something juicy has happened, I can tell. I want detail." I could see the glow in her eyes wanting to know what went on.

"Well, I guess I could start with—"

"Morning Misa." I was interrupted when I heard Sano speaking to me.

"Oh, hey. Did you get back home okay?" I hadn't planned to speak to him first thing in the morning.

"Yeah I did. The kids came back yesterday, so it seems like everything is getting back to normal." He said.

"That's good. They must be happy to be back home."

"They were. But I haven't broken the news to them yet about the move, so I'm hoping that won't be too bad." He said, then the warning bell went off.

"Guess I'll get going then." He gave me and Katie a little wave as he walked away mixing in with the other kids getting to their classes.

"Alright Misa, we have two options here. We can either walk out the doors now or I pull the fire alarm, either way, I want to know what went down over the weekend asap." Katie pushed some hair behind her ear. She couldn't have been more serious right now.

"Well, I was going to say that Sano came back from his long break, but I guess you can see that yourself now." I tried lightening the mood, but that didn't work at all.

"Okay, I swear to fill you in on everything, but right now isn't the time. We should be getting to class."

"Hm, class and lecture, or incites about the missing boy and girl who no longer should be getting all chummy with missing boy. Which seems better?" Katie held out her hands weighing the options.

"You're not making anything better you know. I'll tell you all you want, just not right now." I saw her jaw clinch as she realized she'd have to wait for me to talk.

There's one thing I always forget and that's to never forget to tell her anything, especially if it's something like this. With how things have been going lately, not telling her something isn't my best idea. But that just shows how much she looks out for me. She's almost like my second mother. Which sometimes can be a good thing since I can't tell my real mom everything.

We got to class and everyone was there. I could see some people whispering and looking in Sano's direction. He doesn't seem to be paying it any mind. He probably expected that there would be some talk of his return. Ken was sitting at his desk looking through his notebook. He came back this morning and refused to use his crutch. So since he refuse to use it, I refused to carry his bag to class.

"I hope everyone had a good weekend." Mr. Hallens came in the room, "Well, well, you've come back Mr. Sanders. Hope everything is going well for you now."

"Everything is good." Sano said.

"That's good to here. You're one of the good students. Masidone over there had an excuse, but it was unusual to see you gone so long."

"I bet you someone's happy." I heard somebody say.

"I think it's more than one someones." Another girl behind me said to them. Just as everything was dying out, it seems like things might start up again.