~2~

It's been a week since then. A whole week has passed since I got that message. I haven't been able to get a hold of Sano at all. I texted, called, and even went to his house. No one was there, not even the kids. He hasn't come to school like he said either.

Jayson had asked what got me so spooked. I didn't tell him because I knew he would tell Ken. I just wanted to confirm that it was true before I told them anything. But Sano's pretty much gone missing; I can't confirm anything.

On top of this, now that he and Ken are gone, I've become the talk of school once again. Thinking since I got Ken injured, I probably did something to him as well on a secret date. Jennifer isn't exactly on my side of defense as I'm telling people that isn't the case. In fact, I think she seems to be enjoying this situation. Katie thinks this was all part of her plan. I highly doubt that her plan involved his mother dying. I really just wonder what'll happen to him now and if he's okay...

Another day passes and the worry grows more. These series of events are having me lose focus on school. The end of the semester is just around the corner, and I have to at least try to maintain a steady grade. I can't even ask Ken for help since he hasn't come back either. I'm not even sure I want him back. To think I verbally told his whole family that I liked him! And here I am worried about Sano. Can I even do that anymore?

It's been a week and I haven't heard much from Ken since then. Maybe after talking with Mr. Masidone, he started to reconsider. Just being the only one in my house like this again makes everything somehow feel a bit bigger, quieter, and even kind of lonely.

Is this what it really means to like someone? Have I really liked Ken's company that much? I mean, I've liked Sano from afar for a long time, but this like feels different since I've actually gotten to know Ken.

There's a small emptiness feeling in me when I pass by his room. I've been on this earth for almost seventeen years and this emotion is one I clearly haven't been exposed to yet. And this new feeling is so confusing...

It's the beginning of a new week. Still no sign of anybody. Anyone that was of importance that is.

Because Jennifer approaching me wasn't someone I would consider of much importance to me or someone I cared to see first thing in the morning.

"Well hello there," She said.

"Hi."

"Not a very exciting greeting. Something got you down?"

"Nothing that concerns you."

"Have you been worried about our missing student?"

"What brings that on all of a sudden?"

"Just seems like it's been on your mind. I mean, for someone to go missing so suddenly must be shocking."

"I haven't mention anything about a missing student. Are you worried about the missing student? And by the way, Sano's not missing. He's just not here." Even though since he's not home either, he could very well be missing.

"Ooh, seems like it has been crossing your mind. It doesn't bother me much. I just knew he was one of your favorite guy friends, and seeing how he hasn't been here the past week, you've seemed kind of down."

"What's gotten you so interested in me so suddenly? Are you actually secretly interested in Sano or something? You two talked, right? Is that what your curiosity is about?" I must have caught her off guard with that as she hesitated before she spoke again.

"What are you talking about?"

"That day before you left, I heard you two were in the hallway talking." Her mouth dropped slightly.