~6~

The rest of the week went by a lot better once Jennifer and her school crew stopped their tormenting and Ken cleared the air about the other misunderstandings. Now all that was left was to get Sano back. The week was over and now we just hope he comes back Monday. He's been gone for two weeks without a word still. He picked a really bad time to leave with finals coming up and everything.

"Mimi, it's time for me to take my unfortunate leave." I heard Ken call to me. I haven't see him this happy for such a long period of time since I said we could go on that date. I just wonder how long his high will last.

"Come on, don't you want to see your boyfriend off for the weekend?" He asked lingering on his most recent favorite word.

"It's not like it's your first time leaving. This has become a regular thing." That 'boyfriend' thing is something that's going to take time getting use too though. For me to actually be within that status of 'boyfriend and girlfriend' is crazy itself. And the craziest part is that new couples aren't usually living together!

"Should I really go?" He asked himself.

"I'm sure you have better things to do than to do nothing around here. Plus, Jayson drove all the way here already. You can't make his trip be for nothing."

"He loves road trips, it wouldn't be for nothing."

"Don't you have things you have to do there or discuss or something? It's always something going on in your house. You wouldn't want to miss that."

"Your argument isn't exactly one that screams 'take me now'. But if you want me to go that badly, then I'll go." He pouted.

"It's your home. You should love going there."

"Yeah, love is the right word for it." He said with obvious sarcasm. There was a honk outside stopping me from replying. "Guess that's my signal to go." He only had a small bag with him, so he didn't need any assistance leaving. I watched him as he got in the passenger seat of Jayson's Jaguar. It makes me wonder if he has told him about us yet.

There's a small part of me that sometime wonders if I shouldn't have said anything in the beginning. But then I think, if I really didn't want to, I didn't have to agree to anything. It's not like I was forced to agree. In fact, Mr. Masidone would have loved it if I didn't. So why the feeling of uncertainty?

I closed the door and went to sit on the couch, feeling more aware of Ken's absence all of a sudden, I needed to distract myself. I took my phone out my pocket and sat it on the coffee table and picked up the remote when I noticed I got a text. My body grew weak when I picked up my suddenly heavy phone to see the message was from Sano.

Sano!

Its been two weeks and I now have a message from him. I'm almost afraid to look at it. But the curiosity of knowing what it said made me open it.

He was sorry for not replying and that he's back home.

And is also wondering if I'm free to stop by.

Sano is asking me to come over!

He must have recently gotten back, and he wants me to come over already? By what his aunt said, I wouldn't think he'd want to be bothered by anyone so soon. Should I really go over there? Maybe he has something he needs to tell me. Ken just left, so I wonder would he mind if I went over there.

I'd really be in trouble if I tried to hide it from him. But maybe I can use this chance to ask about the idea of going to stay at Ken's house if he has to leave. Ken didn't say it was bad idea, it would just be up to him. So it couldn't hurt to ask.