thirteen

(y/n pov)
Wednesday 12:58 pm

I finally reached the park after taking a break for some air, not only is the park a five minute walk away but i am extremely unfit.

An empty park bench appeared from behind a tree so I decided to sit down and wait for him to arrive.

Last time I waited to hang out with someone, they didn't show.

Why? Well it was a joke, just a dumb joke that they pulled on me.

Am I really that girl that jokingly gets asked on a date? That people find gross to go out with?

Oh well, I don't need them.

"Hey," a familiar voice said and I looked up.

He didn't ghost me.

"Hey, took your time," I chuckled and his eyes slowly rolled, "that was a joke."

I looked at him and my he was even better looking in person. He had such clear glossy skin and his cheeks were so round.

"So, I was thinking that we could go to a little store, buy food, and have a small picnic?"

He looked at me with no emotion and it was scary. Did he not like my idea? Maybe it seems like a date, I should make it clear to him that we're just friends.

I quickly flinched, "well you know, just as frien-"

"Sure."

Sure.

He said that so casually, like he didn't mind hanging out with me. I was in awe but I was happy to finally hang out with a boy without them thinking i'm gross.

We headed across to the grocery store in silence before he interrupted my thoughts, "so should we get pre-made sandwiches as well as cut up fruit?"

"Um sure, we can do that."

I laid out the blanket that was in the back of his car on the soft green grass while he watched me make sure every wrinkle was no where to be seen.

He sat down and placed the food around and I joined him.

"How was uni?" he asked.

"It was boring, I mean, even the teacher fell asleep! I don't blame him like it's a boring class but you know, he is getting paid to be there."

I watched him lower his mask to take tiny bites from his sandwich and his cheeks were even cuter than before.

He looked at me because he could see me staring, "right well what do I eat first."

Yoongi pointed at the fruit that was set out but I didn't want it. I wanted nothing.

He watched me pick at the food and take small bites, bites that even ants could take.

Before I went to pick at some more he shoved the rest of his sandwich in my face, "eat it."

"But that's yours."

"Not anymore," he smiled and I opened my mouth to eat the rest of the sandwich.

Yoongi went for more food and before I knew it, he was feeding me every single last bite of his.

We finished the picnic and just sat there in silence while finishing the food in our mouths, "what are your hobbies?"

Hmm let me see... nothing.

"Oh well I don't really have any hobbies, I just do what comes into the moment," I chuckled awkwardly.

"Mm," he muttered before standing up and motioning for me to help pack the blanket away.

Was he over this? Did he not like it?

We walked over to the car, put away the blanket, binned all the rubbish, and cleaned up our area before he started walking away.

"You coming?" he asked.

I smiled and ran up to his side accidentally bumping him a little but he didn't seem to kind, actually, he nudged me back.

"How far are we going to walk?" I asked him, "I don't want to walk far because I have small legs and they get tired quickly."

He laughed at my reason, "that's your excuse?"

"Well yeah, got a problem with that!" I raised my fists and circled him before realising how embarrassing that was.

"Sorry."

A sharp jab went into my shoulder, "did you just hit me?!" I looked at him and he had his fists up.

He hit me.

"Oh it's on!"

Yoongi and I finally made it to the end of the street and we turned around to head back to the car.

The walk back consisted of us chatting, laughing, and annoying each other but it felt like we had been friends for years.

"We should hang out again soon," he looked at me.

He asked me to hang out again? Me, he asked me!

I frantically nodded my head and smiled at him before I saw him put his palm face up to the sky.

He looked up to the sky and we both saw the dark grey clouds above our heads. We didn't realise how dark it had become because of our constant chatter.

"It's only spitting, we should be fine," I said before regretting my decision.

It started to rain heavily on us and we both ran. We ran as fast as we could to the car while using our coats to cover our heads.

"Hurry up! Get in the car," he screamed.

"I'm trying, I didn't know you could run so fast!"

I started to fall behind but he slowed down for me so we could run together and we shortly got to the car.

The passenger door opened and I got inside before the drivers seat was filled with a soaking wet Yoongi.

We looked at each other with red cheeks and dripping wet hair before we bursted into laughter.

What a day.