TROUBLE ALWAYS BREWS.

Vi's POV.
She's been unconscious for two days. Those two days felt like two years. I sat by her side for hours as she recovered from the episode.

This had happened only once before, where her vision had become so intense that her body shut down to protect itself. She was asleep for a week, that time.

I had almost driven myself insane with worry.

And here I was now again, sitting at her bedside, waiting for her to wake.

I returned my attention back to the sturdy old man in front of me. Honestly, it was a miracle the man was so strong at his age.

"It's best that you came straight to me, Vi. We'll continue to run tests on her until she wakes, and give you both the prognosis." Dr. Brahmer smiled kindly down at me. I nodded grimly, looking at my feet.

"And, congratulations on the wedding." He said, still smiling comfortingly. I briefly smiled back, my eyes going to the ring on y/n's finger. Her dress was bloodstained, the red appearing starkly on the beige. My shirt had her blood on it as well, but I paid no mind.

"I'll make sure a peppermint tea for you is delivered up, Vi. Rest, your wife will be just fine." Dr. Brahmer reassured before leaving the room. Truly, I was grateful to him, but my mind was too occupied to convey it.

I took her hand, running my thumb over the ring. My wife. She's my wife, now.

At least that was a good thing amongst the bleakness.

I slept on the couch in the corner of the small hospital room, and by the third day I had become accustomed to it. Coffee cups once filled with peppermint tea littered the room, and on the 7th day of me being there, I found three tea bags and a hot water pot already waiting for me there.

I made my tea, sat on the couch, and resumed my usual routine of reading the new magazine tabloids and monitoring y/n.

Ekko had gone to the secret meeting alone yesterday, since we obviously couldn't be there. Only 15 Zaunites had shown up, quickly diminishing our hope. No one was on our side. My heart was heavy, dropped to my stomach in anxiety. Y/n would be so disappointed.

I just prayed she would wake. Otherworldly matters had left my mind, because my world was in a goddamn hospital bed.

A few hours must have past, and my eyes were heavy and drooping. I struggled to remain awake, reading about new advancements in Hextech. I blinked slow and with much effort, reading the same line over and over.

"Since the death of the esteemed inventor and Councilor, Jayce Talis, many inventors have been creating new Hextech in his place. Among the new creations are various transportation devices, body modification devices, and medical equipment."

What a bore. Maybe they should focus on the fact that a dictator is running their government, instead of silly things like this. I yawned loudly, slumping in my seat.

Out of my control, I drifted to sleep, unable to keep myself conscious any longer. My eyelids shut, no energy left in my body to pry them open.

Although, my sleep wasn't peaceful. I dreamt of frantic blue flashes, y/n in the middle of it all. Her body levitating, wind whipping around us at incredible speeds. Destruction, death.

I tossed and turned, my body twitching in protest as I dreamed horrid things, endless deaths, bloody wars. It was hell. I dreamed and dreamed, my body refusing to snap itself back to reality.

Right then, the hospital equipment started emitting inconsistent, loud beeps, and it wasn't the heart monitor. My eyes snapped open, my eyes darting around the room and landing on y/n.