Chapter 1: Being released?!

"Do you know why we need to do this Ms. L/n?"

"Y-yeah I'm pretty sure." Y/n tried hard to not show any disappointment, but being released from your job as a doctor didn't go easy. It paid really well and you were barely holding up with bills in your small one bedroom apartment.

The man infront of you shifted uncomfortably in his chair as he neatly stacked the papers next to him. "You see," he began slowly "Your not the only one being let go. A few other nurses are as well."

"It's just me and Janet, isn't it?" You asked, knowing that she was also bound to go too.

"Yes. I hope you can understand our circumstances Ms. L/n." You leaned back in your chair in annoyance.

"Please, call me Y/n. I don't like the fancy titles." He nodded in return.

"Well," he said standing up. "Doctor Johnson wanted me to give you those as a far well gift."
You took the off white envelope out of his hand and gently put it in your inside coat pocket.

"I-uh I best be going now, Mr...?"

"You can call me Jeramy."

"Alright Mister Jeramy." You smiled. He walked over to the door and opened it for you. You nodded as a "thanks" and walked out. With each step a twisted feeling started to turn in your stomach. Your job has just been ripped out of your hands. You've been working here for a good 3 years and only now they kick you out.

Hell, you were the best doctor in the whole damn building. You became more and more stressed with each step you took to your car.

What job am I going to get now? I'm not good at anything else.

Well, sure you were GOOD at things. You weren't the BEST though. You could cook a few things such as rice and steak, but when it came to anything else, the fire department had to be called.

You could also crochet. Except for everything you did always turned into a little triangle because you couldn't keep consistent rows.

You reached your car and hopped inside. Opening glove box you found your prized possession. Hillbilly Deluxe. A CD that your dad had given you. He loved Rob Zombie and so did you. You popped that ol' sucker in the CD player and drove off.

   Shriek the lips across ragged tongue,
Convulsing together, sing violently,
Move the jaw, cry out loud
Bound up the dead triumphantly

You sand along not even missing a beat.

The ragged they come and the ragged they kill,
You pray so hard on bloody knees
The ragged they come and the ragged they kill
Down in the cool air I can

"HEY YEAH! IM THE ONE THAT YOU WANTED, HEY YEAH! IM YOUR SUPERBEAST!" You sang loudly along as you passed the bank right by your apartment.

  Stir the limbs across the wrist
Full possession of-

CLICK

You popped the CD out and set it carefully back in its case and opened the glove box. As you set it back in, you grabbed a handful of loose change and stuffed it in your pocket.

You opened the car door and stepped out. You walked up your steps waiting to here the small pitter-patter of feet. You stopped infront of your door and waited. You suddenly turned around and let out a small playful roar. The kid, Marcus, standing behind you jumped back a bit before laughing.

"Hey Doc! Got anything for me today?" He asked holding out his hands.

"As a matter a fact Marcus, I do!" You reached into your pocket and grabbed the handful of change and plopped it into his small hands. His eyes lit up with joy as he rapidly said thank you.

"Oh Doc you're the best!"

"Thank you Marcus. You're even better. Now get along, it's almost dinner time and your Dad will be wondering where you went."

"Ok! Thanks again!" He waved and bounced down the steps. Marcus was a great kid. He was 7 and a half, but he was really smart. You had a special connection with him. You would give him loose change, small toys, stickers, and candy and he would do you favors such as getting your mail when you didn't feel well, help you move stuff around in your apartment, and other stuff along the lines.

You laughed and stepped inside. The poor small apartment didn't have that much in it, but you had what you needed. You had wanted a pet of somekind for the longest time until you realized you didn't have the time or the money to take care of one. Instead, you had a giant stuffed shark named Kirishima that sat on the couch. He was your one and only friend (besides Marcus of course). You sat down on your couch and turned the TV on.

"-rain."

"Thank you Brian for the weather! Back to the main story of this evening. Police are still looking for the people who went missing suddenly. They are not connected in anyway, but their disappearances have been similar. If you know anyone who knows the whereabouts of these people, notify authorities immediately. Their names are listed below,"

"Meg Thomas, David King, Claudette Mo-"

CLICK

You leaned back and sighed. This wasefully  the last thing you needed to hear. The missing 10 or so people that haven't been found for months on top of you losing your job on top of realizing you'll never get a pet so you'll be lonely for the rest of your life (like you weren't already).

Speaking of work...

You reached into your coat and pulled out the letter. You peeled the tape from the back and carefully opened it. A small piece of paper was in the front so that's what you grabbed.

Dear Doctor L/n, I'm so sorry that you have been let go, but I hope this gift helps you relax.

                                              ~ Johnson

Inside the letter sat $200 in its green glory. A smile crept on your face as you pulled it out and put it in your wallet. Johnson was a weird one. You don't even know his first name. You almost had a fight with him about it over an open heart surgery on someone's grandpa.

Pushing the thoughts aside, you laid down and stretched. A text message went off on your phone. An unknown number popped up.

?- r u coming to the party 2night?

Me- Who's this?

?- ...

?- Johnson from work.

Me- ohhh ok. What party?

?- ...

?- didn't Marcie tell you? She's throwing a party tonight for you and Janet. It's at her house at 8:00. You comin?

Me- oh I didn't know. Sure I'll come. Do I need to bring anything?

?- ...

?- You lol

Me- k see you later gator.

You turned off your phone and laid on your back. A party for me. Cool. You looked at the time.

6:03 p.m.

"Yeeeaaahh I got time." You stood up and waltzed to the bathroom. "Guess I should take a shower. Wanna look my best!"

A/N

HELLO EVERYONE! Thanks for reading and I hope it seems interesting so far. Don't worry, the dbd part is coming up shortly. I just needed to put a small backstory thingy.

REMEMBER! IF YOU WANT A ONESHOT FOR A SPECIFIC CHARACTER IN DBD, I WILL WRITE A BOOK OF ONESHOTS! DM, COMMENT, OR WHATEVER, JUST LET ME KNOW, K? Thanks!

-рэйел

(I also write dif fandom one shots like fnaf, BNHA, and more!)