Prologue

Anirudh looked at his brother smiling and laughing with his younger siblings, and smiled. He had gained consciousness only a few hours ago, the doctors asked him to rest, but he was busy providing comfort to his family. For Arnav his family always came first. 

He could still see his brothers bleeding face every time he so much so as blinked. It scared him very badly. He had almost lost hope..... but he knew his brother would never leave him alone. he had a promise to fulfill and Arnav Oberoi never broke a promise. He still remembered the fateful night his brother gave him that promise.... he couldn't forget anything about that night..... it was the most horrible night of his life..... it was the night Shashak Oberoi had walked out on them

10 years ago.....

The house was filled with a strange silence. Kavya Oberoi looked at her husband in shock. what was he saying? she looked at her children. Arnav hadn't spoken a word. He was sitting there staring at his father with a devastated expression. she knew how much her son admired her husband. He was his hero. Shashank was very different with Arnav. He absolutely adored his first born child. The father son shared a very close bond. How would he take the news?

Anirudh was bubbling with anger. she knew he would be able to hold himself back. He must be holding himself back for Arnav. That boy could never upset his brother. He respected him a little too much. Sometimes she felt that Shashank had failed with their son. The boy looked up to Arnav more than Shashank. 

Ayushman was snuggling upto Arnav. He looked too sleepy, and was far too young to understand the gravity of their fathers words. She saw the way Arnav was holding on to Ayushman, she knew her elder son would protect him with life. 

Honestly she was not shocked with Shashank's revelations. After Ayushman's birth, things started changing between them. she could see that he was drifting away. He never showed any interest in their family. Ayushman hardly knew his father. Arnav took care of Ayushman more than Shashank ever did. She had attributed his disinterest to his busy schedule. She thought he was overwhelmed with business obligations, but in reality he had been playing behind her back. where had she gone wrong?

she had given up her career, her ambitions to raise his children. she made his world, her world. She lived and breathed for him, why did he betray her?

Shashank looked at his wife, why was she so silent? he knew she would be upset, he himself was upset. he never wanted her to tell the truth, but destiny had decided otherwise. he honestly could not not leave that child with that monster. That child was his mistake but he couldn't condemn him to a life of hell - "kavya main apne responsibility se bhag nehi sakta. Us bache ko mere zarurat hai. Main use yaha lana chata hoon"

Kavya was stunned. Did he ever love her? did her husband even understood her?

Shashank- "woh bacha sirf cheh saal ka hai kavya, please understand, use mere zarurat hai"

Kavya couldn't stay silent any longer- "woh bacha aapka nazayaz beta hai Shashank" her voice was laced with hurt. Arnav looked away. He wasn't prepared for a confrontation like this. Everything felt so surreal to him.

Shashank sighed- "mughe galti ho gaye Kavya, please trust me I never meant this to happen"

Kavya- "shadi ke baad ise galti nehi bewafai kehte hai Shashank, aur bewafai shayad maaf ke bhi jaa sakte hai, lekin bewafai ke saath jeeya nehi jaa sakta"

Shashank got up in frustration- "tum kehna kya chate ho Kavya?"

Kavya looked at him with tear filled eyes- "how can you to this to me Shashank, ek baar apne bacho ke taraf dekehey, aap apne he bacho se nazro milane layak nehi reh gaye"