A/N Prologue Edited Version

Hello beautiful people! It's been a super long time since I've been able to write. I had to start back up at college, my cousin died, and I had to move, but I am finally doing some writing again. I have been looking forward to editing this book because I believe it has a lot of potential. So...here is the edited version of the prologue!!!! I think it's pretty good but let me know what you think too. 

I'm not sure when I'll publish the edited version or how long it will take me so bear with me, please. I love you all and I cannot believe I have 11.8k views! that's so insane!!!

Endless love, 

Tris

--------------------------

The wind blew cold through the frosty night, howling as if warning the people that inhabit its lands to stay inside and seek shelter. Not from the blizzard, frozen lakes, or icy roads, but something much worse. The alpha and his pack travel together as one, their claws pound the ground in sync with each other. The earth quakes in protest of the wolves' intense powerful strides. Despite the thick blanket of snow tightly laying over the once grassy field, the pack manages to move swiftly through the forest with ease. Even though the pack is beyond exhausted from sprinting all night they push forward. The stressed cries of the alpha's mate only spurring them on. His lungs burn begging for air and his muscles scream for rest, but he finds the last of his strength to push forward after hearing his mate's sobs.

"Stop! P-please you d-don't have to do this! I'll g-go will-willingly I promise! J-jus please l-leave him out of-f this. Please." The woman begged not for her life, but his. Whoever this evil woman was and whatever her plan, she wanted to protect him as best she could. She tried escaping several times earlier, but the evil woman just waved her hands, and her entire body was bound by thick vines covered in thorns. The more she struggled the tighter the vines wrapped around her. She felt the large thorns digging into her deeper with every single breath she took. By now she felt her blood slowly cascading towards her feet from the many puncture wounds that littered her body.

The alpha traced the scent of her blood to a large clearing in the thick forest. He knew his mate must lay captive to a sinister witch practicing dark magic. He could smell the scent of black currant, patchouli, and burning incense which is distinct to witches. Upon arrival to the clearing, the alpha was almost paralyzed at the sight of his sweet mate wrapped in thorns, bleeding from so many places he couldn't decipher a single inch of clothing that hadn't been stained with her blood. However, he could not falter, for he had to defeat the enemy then he could allow himself to wallow in guilt and sorrow for ever letting harm to befall the one person he cherished more than anything on this earth.

The witch smiled a sadistic smile, "I see you've come to join us, alpha." She seemed giddy like this was an exciting game between friends at a slumber party, "Sorry we had to meet like this," she turned towards the alpha's mate who looked pale and close to death, "actually, I'm not sorry," her sadistic smile grew even wider.

The alpha quickly shifted into his human form, "What do you want Cordelia?" The alpha yelled. There was no time for pleasantries when his mate was in danger.

"You know what I want." The witch narrowed her eyes at the large alpha male.

"I'm not playing your games, Cordelia. Give me back my mate and no one gets hurt!" The alpha clenched his fists tightly.

Her cold mask faltered, "Well I want my mate back too, filthy mutt!" she screamed. Her voice came out hoarse and drenched in grief, "But guess what? He's gone! Killed by your hands, and for that, you shall pay!" Her evil mask was back once again shrouding any humanity she might have left.

The only reason he didn't rip Cordelia to bits right there was that she still held his mate hostage, "Let her go. You are outnumbered and we will kill you." The alpha stated coldly leaving no room for objection. He stepped even closer, the pack following his movements. He hoped the shrinking distance would leave the witch feeling suffocated and intimidated, but she remained unaffected.

This time he carefully took a step closer to his love. He yearned to feel the tingles formed at her touch, to feel her warmth, to breathe in her scent, to hold her in his arms. Most importantly, he wanted to tell her how sorry he was for failing to do his duty as a mate. For failing to protect her and keep her safe always. Sadly, they were instead, in the middle of Mt Hood Forest during a harsh winter's night.

"It won't be that easy, alpha." Cordelia waved her hands in fluid motions while chanting in a language unknown to the alpha.

"Sit primum ergo dicendum somnium vidi." The young witch shouted the spell, letting the powerful energy flow through her body.

"What are you doing!" The alpha frantically questioned. He looked between his pack members to see is anyone might have an idea of the spell she was casting, but only confused faces stared back at him.

A forceful burst of light resonated throughout the clearing. The brightness stunned the pack of wolves and sent them to seek cover. The alpha quickly stood up expecting to see his mate but was horrified at the sight in front of him. The beloved Luna had disappeared with the evil witch. The alpha fell to his knees and howled in pain. Agony was all the alpha could feel. The mate bond connecting him, and his love deteriorated with every passing second. Every fiber of his being felt as if it had died.

He felt an all-consuming darkness take over his body like a harsh winter frost would kill all once blossoming flowers in its path.

The alpha vowed to never let another witch cross his path without deadly consequences