Epilogue

*A/N thank you so much for coming on this journey with me! I will be posting bonus chapters so do not cry! I also have a sequel that follows Lyla and Xavier in the works. I just have to say thank you to anyone who gave my writing a chance. I love each and every single one of you!

Love, Tris

"You got this Diana! Kick his ass babe!" Malakai shouted at his mate who was currently in the midst of a fight with their alpha. Xavier was built like a truck. He's 6 feet and 6 inches of pure muscle, but Diana proved herself to be quite a formidable opponent. What she lacked in size and muscle she made up for in speed and quick thinking.

Currently, Xavier had her pinned to the matt, but Kai knew in just a few seconds she'd be winning. Diana kicked Xavier in his side and used the distraction as a chance to switch their positions. She grabbed the alpha by his throat and kept a firm grip. The audience began to count to ten enthusiastically. Diana took a look over at Kai who was currently comforting Lyla. She hated watching them fight but insisted in being there in case anything happened to X. The sight of a distraught Lyla and a concerned Kai made her loosen her grip on X. Yeah she could give it her all and crush his windpipe (which would quickly heal) but a sickening feeling corrupted her at the thought of doing such a thing. Instead, she stood up and offered her hand to Xavier.

The crowd that had gathered looked awfully disappointed at the lack of a climactic ending to their fight. Usually, Beta Ravenwood always puts on a good show. Xavier gave her a confused look but took her hand anyway. The alpha and beta made their way over to their mates. Lyla looked so relieved, once X stepped off the matt, she ran up to him and wrapped her legs around his waist. At that moment Diana was confident she made the right choice. Even though not too long ago she probably would've crushed his windpipe, she's glad she didn't.

In need of some comfort, Diana hugged Kai and held on tight. Something about being in his arms made everything feel at peace. Kai tilted her chin up to look her in the eyes. The striking silver greeted his baby blues. Unable to resist, Kai kissed Diana's tempting lips, "You made the right choice babe. I'm proud of you. Not only did you clearly win, but you showed good sportsmanship as well."

Diana rolled her eyes at his compliments. She swears he'd compliment the way she breathes if he didn't know it would drive her mad, "It's no big deal. It wasn't necessary that I went full out." Diana brushed off her change in behavior, not seeing it as something worth noting. However, Malakai knew very well this was peculiar for her. He knew her motto was always "give it your all or not at all" but here she is choosing to go easy because it's the right thing to do.

"We have to hurry home and get ready for tonight!" Diana reminded Kai. Today was a big day for them and the rest of the pack.

&

            "How do I look?" Diana stepped out of their walk-in closet wearing the simple white dress she picked out for tonight's special occasion. The dress was loose and flowing. It stopped just below the knee, had a sweetheart neckline, spaghetti straps, and lace all over. It was beautiful, simple, tasteful, and most importantly, comfortable.

"I'm not supposed to see you! It's bad luck!"

"That's only for the groom, you dumbass." Diana then threw a slipper at X who was being a pain in the butt.

"I know. I know. I'm just trying to lighten the mood. Jeez." The alpha replied. "In all seriousness, Diana, you look beautiful." The look in his eyes indicated to Diana that he truly meant what he was saying, "I think I might cry! My little sister is getting married! How am I supposed to get through this ceremony?" To her surprise, X did actually have small tears accumulating.

She did the only thing she knew would work, "LYLA!" she yelled.

Lyla's footsteps were heard up the stairs and through the hall. She rushed into the room with a scared look on her face, "What's going on? What's wrong? Are you okay?" She rushed to her mate to embrace him.

"Lyla, would you please calm the alpha. He's getting emotional and if he gets emotional, I will get emotional and I watched way too many YouTube makeup tutorials to ruin this makeup!" The Luna chuckled at the situation she had just walked into.

"Everything is going to be just fine, okay? Xavier, you knew this day would come okay. Nothing is going to change. She'll still be your little sister/best friend/beta. Yes, this is a monumental moment and you both do not have your parents here, but the entire pack is out there supporting you. We are a family, remember that. This is a happy day!" Lyla succeeded in encouraging the werewolves. Xavier and Diana thanked her by sandwiching her in a hug.

The time had come. Lyla had started the ceremony by walking down the aisle as the one and only bridesmaid. Diana linked arms with Xavier who was to give her away at the altar. The two stepped out of the French doors and walked down the aisle that ended with Malakai and an officiant in front of the Eros tree. Violins played the wedding march, the pack all stood for her, and Malakai was dressed in an exquisite suit with small tears forming and the brightest smile she'd seen from him yet. Diana couldn't fight the urge to smile brightly at her soulmate. What a journey they went on just to end up at this point.

Most of the ceremony was a blur. The couple only paid attention to each other by staring into each other's eyes and smiling stupidly. What broke them out of their trance was the announcement that it was time for the vows. Diana and Kai decided to go with the generic vows in front of everyone then later when they were alone, they would share their heartfelt vows.

The reception was basically a giant party. The White Mountain pack was not used to any celebrations, so they took this opportunity and ran with it! The music was vibrating the entire packhouse and everyone young and old danced along with the newlyweds. In the spirit of inclusivity, Diana and Kai (with the permission of Xavier) invited the witch coven that Diana was sent to investigate the day she met Kai. They wanted to extend an olive branch to try and mend the rift between the two species. Only about four witches showed up: the leader of the coven and her mate and the second in command and his mate. Although, they hoped more would show, Diana and Kai understood that a simple wedding reception wouldn't change centuries of hatred, but it was a start.

Diana and Kai danced to a slow song together, "I can't believe this is even happening right now. I never thought that I – Diana Ravenwood would ever be wearing a fancy white dress, let alone be the bride of a wedding!" Diana laughed at how much things have changed.

"Do you regret it?" Kai asked. He'd been worried that he pushed Diana too far out of her comfort zone.

"Are you kidding me? Absolutely not. I am so thankful for you. You push me to be a better person, you're selfless, loving, and so patient with me. I'm the luckiest woman in the world to call you my husband." Diana finished her declaration with a passionate kiss to her husband's lips.

"I love you so much, Diana. With my entire body and soul." He cupped her cheeks and stared into those dazzling eyes of hers.

"I love you too." She replied.

"So, when are we gonna start making babies?"

"Malakai!" She gave him a look that said: 'are you insane'.

"That's not a no, my beautiful wife." Kai just smirked at her with a knowing glance. She's thinking about it too, he thought.

"You're right. It's not a no." She answered cryptically but offered Kai a smirk of her own and a little eyebrow wiggle.

The couple kissed for the thousandth time that night, reflecting on how far they had come and the happiness that bloomed between the two of them.

Fin.