Wolf and all

The ground beneath her crunched and crackled with each step she took towards her mate. Winter was in full swing and as a human Lyla wasn't naturally as warm as her werewolf counterparts. However, traditions state that the Luna must be barefoot during her ceremony in order to connect to mother earth and the moon goddess.

The pack had gathered around the Eros Tree which is where the White Mountain pack has had all its Luna ceremonies, dating back to the first Alpha and Luna of this territory.

Luckily the pack had made an aisle for Lyla to walk down, but she felt a bit uncomfortable under all the prying eyes. She still felt uneasy at how the pack would receive her presence as their Luna. Being human set her at a disadvantage. Some members believed she wasn't equipped enough to be their leader. Instead of watching the audience, Lyla's gaze shifted to Xavier who was wearing black sacks and a white collard shirt to match her white dress. Those lovely, cerulean blue eyes of his made her heart stutter. Oh, how she had missed him. Each day she was in captivity she thought of this very moment. Walking down the aisle towards him, about to make a commitment to each other for the rest of their lives. Suddenly, her nerves vanished. All she could think of was her beautiful future with the man she loves.

Xavier was at a loss for words.

When he saw Lyla in her delicate white dress, with flowers in her hair, and a smidge of makeup on, he could not believe what he was seeing. For so long he had thought this day would never come, that Lyla was gone forever. But, here she is looking as breathtaking as the day they first met, walking towards not only him but their future together. Gone were the days filled with sorrow and madness and instead on towards the days of happiness and love.

She finally made it under the Eros Tree where he stood. The long hanging branches made it more intimate and private despite the entire pack watching.

He looked to the front row where he knew Diana would be. Just like she promised, she was dressed quite nicely in a lovely black dress. Her hand was clasped in Malakai's. The couple shared genuine smiles with Xavier and Lyla. It felt so satisfying to see the Alpha and Luna finally together. It was a miracle.

The ceremony commenced and they made their promise to the moon goddess and the pack that they would lead with integrity, strength, and compassion.

The messy part came next.

Xavier cut his palm with the knife used by his ancestors at the pack's very first Luna ceremony. He gingerly handed the blade to Lyla. She looked a bit pale. She had told Xavier she was nervous about this part, but he assured her she would be just fine.

Lyla held the knife to her palm and shakily dragged the blade across her skin. Xavier said it had to be a deep cut in order to complete the next step, which was even more nerve-wracking.

Xavier winced at the red blood dripping from her pale skin. The contrast between the deep red on her  pastel flesh made him cringe. He hated seeing Lyla hurt, no matter how minor the injury may be.

The next step in this process was for the Alpha and Luna to place their injured hands together to connect them to the pack as its official leaders.

When they placed their hands together both the Alpha and Luna felt a buzz run through their entire body almost like electricity. Then the voices emerged in their brains.

"Congratulations!"

"So happy for you Alpha Xavier and Luna Lyla."

"Such a lovely couple!"

Much to Lyla's relief, the pack only had positive things to say. She felt such a light and bubbly feeling. She and Xavier were finally side by side doing what they were meant to do.

Unable to contain the happiness she felt, Lyla reached up and smashed her lips to Xavier's in a passionate kiss.

Xavier's life had never felt so full. He had the woman of his dreams who loves him just the way he is. Wolf and all.