Vulnerable

"We have to tell Xavier you're a witch." Diana called out to Kai who was currently shoving some of his clothes into the bottom drawer of her dresser.

Kai froze. They had to tell the Alpha what he was. There is no way this could go over well. Alpha Ronan was known for his witch-hating ways. It is believed that a dark witch took his Luna, but that is all just speculation. "Are you sure about that? I don't want you to get into trouble with your Alpha because of me."

Diana walked over to where Kai was seated on the floor in front of their dresser and took a seat next to him, "Xavier and I grew up together. After our parents died in battle, we had to take over our leadership positions. He's been my big brother and closest friend. I'm sure he'll understand and if not," Diana intertwined their hands, "You've got me and I've got you, nothing else matters." Kai leaned in and placed a chaste kiss on her lips. It was so casual and easy, like they've been doing it for their whole lives. It wasn't rushed or overheated, it was quick and simple. The kiss was filled with a promise of endless kisses to come in their future.

"I love you." Kai whispered.

Still not used to hearing those words from anyone but her parents, Diana blushed and fought back a smile that would crack her ace in half. "I love you too." The exchange of words was so foreign and weird, but in a good way. In left Diana's stomach in fluttery knots and her heart race. She was definitely out of her comfort zone, but she was so very thankful that Kai pulled her out of the stifling box she was trapped in.

The walk to the pack house is very short and usually takes a couple minutes, but this time Diana took her sweet time. She held tight to Malakai's hand for comfort. She didn't let her nervousness show, per usual. However, instead of hiding her emotions for her protection she was hiding them for Malakai. She didn't want him to feel anxious well, she didn't want him to feel even more anxious.

Once the couple reached the large wooden door that opened to Xavier's office, Diana knocked twice.

"Come in." Called the Alpha from within the walls of his office.

Diana pushed open the door and pulled Kai into the office with her, "Hey X we need to talk." Diana turned and shut the door.

Xavier looked between the tall man with his hand in Diana's and Diana herself with a harsh glare, "Have a seat." He said curtly, still wary of the new guy.

Once the pair was seated Xavier began his questioning, "What's this all about D?" He used her nickname to ease the tension. Despite being reluctant of new people he still cared about his Beta.

"Um...well you might remember Malakai from a while back. He snuck onto the territory and I told you he was my mate?" Diana smiled warily.

"Oh yeah that's why you look familiar." Xavier relaxed and outstretched his hand for Kai to shake, "Nice to meet you I'm Alpha Xavier Ronan." Since he's D's mate I might as well be friends with the guy, right?

"Malakai Strong." He said with a smile while shaking Xavier's hand.

"Of the Strong Family Bookstore?" The Alpha asked. Kai cringed at the memories of what happened in that very bookstore just mere hours ago. After leaving abruptly he and Diana drove to his house quickly and he gathered all his necessary things.

"Yep that's me." Kai replied with a sad smile which left the Alpha with a scrunched brow in confusion.

Noticing the awkwardness Diana decided to cut in, "What we need to talk you about is actually related to the store. Um...so Kai's father doesn't approve of our relationship and fired Kai and kicked him out, so he's going to be living with me." Diana stated. She didn't want to reveal Kai's status just yet incase he wanted to do it himself.

Xavier scrunched his brows further, "You are mates why would he not approve?" The Alpha let his voice rise in volume and lower in octave due to the anger brewing inside him.

"Um..." Unsure of what to say next Diana turned to Kai with an unsure look. He stared into those silver eyes of hers and clasped her hand comfortingly.

"Because I'm a witch."

Xavier's shot out of his chair, his body tensed, and his breathing became erratic. He was fighting his wolf and by the looks of his glowing eyes, his wolf was winning. "You brought a witch into MY TERRITORY." Xavier shouted, his voice now gruff and so deep it sounded demonic.

"X he's my mate! Let me explain please! I can't be without him. Just let me explain things please." Diana pleaded with everything in her. She couldn't bare his unacceptance, he was her alpha, her friend, her brother.

Xavier sat back down in his chair and attempted to regain his breath.

Diana didn't hesitate to begin explaining all of what Kai had told her during their conversation in the bookstore about the dark witches, the reason for the feud, and Kai's own beliefs on the subject.

"So, you're one of the 'good witches'?" Kai nodded his head. "And why should I believe you?" X crossed his arms and glared at Kai.

"Because I love Diana with everything in me. I new the moment she walked into my store that I would love her for eternity. I feel physical pain when she is away from me and nirvana when we kiss. I want to spend the rest of my life with her and lying to you would be an unforgivable betrayal. I would never do anything that would put our relationship in jeopardy." Kai looked over to Diana who was letting herself smile like an idiot. She squeezed his hand as a gesture of affection.

Xavier looked between the couple again. He knew what is was like to feel that kind of love. To fall so hard, so quickly that you have no choice but to let yourself be vulnerable, only then to be rewarded with undying affection from the very person you were afraid to reveal yourself to. Only after you let yourself fall can experience deep, true, unadulterated love.

Xavier abruptly stood up and sped walked out of his office, but not before muttering, "He can stay."