Prologue

10 years after The Orians Factorium by Narrans

Joshua hiked up the trail, the soft gravel crunching under his feet. He sniffed the fresh forest air, the sound of birds enveloping his hearing. A pair of birds flew above him, and the sound dissipated. Joshua smiled at the scene he had found himself in. It wasn't terrifying, stress inducing, or constantly dirty… unlike his home and school.
He climbed up a final bolder and reached the top of the mountain, he clambered up and sat on the farthest edge. The view was spectacular, his settlement laid just east of the village of which was just in the left of his view. More mountains filled the range of the horizon and beautiful plains rolled below. Joshua made note of the time and started his way down. He slid on the loose dirt and leaped over curtin bushes, identifying them almost instantly with how much he had been up there.
He may it down in record time and trekked his way home. It was beginning to get dark out, which in turn meant rumbles of footsteps from abroad. About 10 years ago, an Orion saved his village, Steele. He brought along two humans, Raina and Terrilyn. Orions are massive creatures, or massive people as Joshua liked to think of them. He had only seen two, Steele and the attacker. His family was among the few that were saved by Steele, they were lucky.
Joshua slipped off his boots and hung up his coat. His t-shirt hung on his thin frame. Joshua was normal hight, just a bit skinny. He went over to his bedroom and pulled out a journal, it's pages were filled with leaves and berries from a multitude of places. Sticks and bark scattered in the book. The paper discoloured in places, and burns charred the cover. So in short terms, it was a pretty banged nature journal.
He turned to the most recent page, a shimmering blue feather rested, taped to a page. Joshua smirked at the memory, him wandering the school yard and Terrilyn running up and handing the feather to him. He wrote a couple notes about the land on the page beside it, drawing pictures of the land from memory. 
Joshua closed the book, he relaxed against the cold wood of his chair. He took a deep breath, the house smelled of old wood, a cabin deep in the woods, he liked the thought of that. Antique shelving and old plates filled the room, he was in his workroom, or well his father's. His family was out on a vacation, or well that's what they tell him. Their really to scared to live with an Orion so close, he could see the fear everytime a foot step was felt. 
Joshua actually liked living close to one, the exilerating feel when you see him walk, seeing his head poke around a building. It did spike a bit of fear, but the adrenaline. Joshua liked to stare off of cliffs, do dangerous stunts, and it's all for an adrenaline rush. Nature gave him all he needed. He spent most of the time out there, staring off at the Orions islands, looking at the vast landscape beyond the mountain ranges.
Joshua got up and sat on top of his bed. Distant whistles of a breeze seeped into the walls, the cold leaving a eerie sense of dread. He waved it aside and huddled under the covers. Waiting for what will await him next.

Joshua's dreary eyes wavered in the darkness. He rubbed his eyes and stretched, his bone creaking from their long rest. Joshua got up from the bed and went over to the bathroom. He turned on the cold water and wiped the sleep from his eyes. The cold water shocking him from his sleepy daze. He looked at himself in the mirror, his natural curly hair fell over his face, his blue eyes shone were and tear over the years, heavy bags under them from restless nights and late scavenges. He pushed himself back to see the fake him, beautiful blue eyes with black hair brushed off to the side, no bags to be seen and a boy who was like anyone else. But that wasn't him.
Joshua closed the door behind him, his leather bag on his back and his tie neatly secured, he set off for school; Or well, after he quickly locked the door.
Joshua walked up to the school doors, nervousness created a rock in his stomach. Joshua pushed it down and entered, his sneakers clicking on the tile floor. He was dressed in the shool uniform, a yellow jumper/sweater and a blue tie, with simple grey trousers.
"Morning Joshua!" Terrilyn's peppy voice called from her locker. He smiled, her voice always made him smile. He came over to her and she automatically gave him a hug. He put an arm around her. Terrilyn was pretty short in height, but her personality made up for it. She was fearless, brave, smart... or that's how Joshua would have described her, along with most other students.
"Hey Terrilyn! How was your weekend?" Joshua replies, she looks up at her with a glowing smile.
"Never a dull moment! You still want to do homework tonight?" She asked. Joshua had totally forgot!
"W-what about the big guy? Did he agree?" He wavered, he stuttered. He was scared. Terrilyn gave him a smirk.
"No, he's been to busy with my mom, still working with the four. But, he won't be back until 7 tonight, though my mom is gonna be home already. She agreed to have you over, just with the doors open." Terrilyn rolled her eyes. "So-"
"Look who it is, little Terrilyn and her little boyfriend." A group of girls came into view, the one who spoke, Sara, snapping her long hair back. Joshua silently growled to himself. Terrilyn almost shot forward. Joshua held her back and stepped between them. He stared at Sara dead in the eyes.
"And look what the cat dragged in, looks like curiosity might get the better of its prey." He spoke with a deep tone. Sara scoffed and turned.
"Just be ready when trash rains from the sky." She replied. Terrilyn actually growled. Joshua smiled, the group left whispering to each other, she must have picked it up from Steele. She noticed him trying not to laugh, she turned to him and growled at him. That tipped Joshua, he started laughing hysterically. She joined in, nearly toppling her books over. The bell rang and the two got ready for their first classes.