Chapter 5

Joshua landed on the foliage beneath the tree house. He looked up at Terrilyn who was trying to figure out her footing. She glanced down at him, smiled wearily, and went back to the footing.
"Put your foot on the branch to the left!" Joshua called up, she obliged and crawled down to it. Instead of putting he foot on it, she hung from it, and slowly began to get her own rhythm on the tree.
Joshua smirked as she swung from branch to branch until she leaped from the last branch, at him. He panicked but quickly caught her and quickly set her on the ground next to him. Terrilyn laughed as his face went pink. Joshua, embarrassed about what just happened, slowly wobbled on the direction of exploration. Terrilyn followed, giggling in the background.
They travelled deep into the forest, Joshua knew where they were going of course. They passes towering pines, low laying grasses, and dangerous spiky bushes. They kept going. Joshua paused and Terrilyn ran into him.
"Sorry." He replied as he turned to her. He stepped out of the way so she could see why he stopped. "Welcome to 'The Fall'."He spoke, a sincere smile on his face as he watched Terrilyn's reaction.
Beautiful streams zipped by her feet and a gorgeous waterfall flowed above. The cliff almost a complete 90°. Many kinds of flowers lined the lake in which it all flowed to, the streams gently carrying petals down the way. Terrilyn didn't know what to say.
Joshua stepped into her gaze. He took off his shoes and dipped his feet into the cooling water. Terrilyn didn't spend an extra moment joining in, she quickly took her shoes off and ran across the water, past Joshua splashing him, and ran by all the flowers. He laughed at her enthusiasm and sat on the beach, the waves hitting his feet. Joshua smiled and took out a journal. He watched as she inspected an interesting flower. Joshua took this time to roughly sketch her and the flower.
"Hey Joshua, what's this flower called?" She yelled over to him. Joshua glanced up.
"Snap dragons, they come in many different colours." He replied back. He watched as she inspected them further.
The two hung out there for a while, until Joshua feared his parents might come home sooner then he thought. Terrilyn completely understood, she popped her shoes back on and followed Joshua, after she picked a handful of snap dragons. Joshua plucked one from her and flipped to the page he drew, he quickly went over to a tree and took a bit of sap from it. He put it on the flower and pressed it between the pages. Terrilyn tilted her head in confusion before she saw him put the flower on the page. They continued along and talked the whole way back.
They split off and Joshua entered his house. Luckily his parents weren't home yet. He smiled to himself and started his usual day.

Heyo! Happy early valentines day to everyone! Hope you enjoyed the chapter, and hope you enjoy your week. Don't be afraid to comment! See you in the long run!
-Mojo