Chapter 3

Terrilyn threw her pencil onto the table. Joshua, still a bit shaken, carefully set his down. Terrilyn groaned at the page on the table, a math sheet laid uselessly on the surface, waiting to be filled out. Joshua had it mostly complete while Terrilyn had one last question to do.
"UGH! Why didn't he warn us about this!" Terrilyn spat at the paper. She slouched down in her chair. Joshua mimicked her. They heard the ground shift outside. "STEELE, FOR THE LAST TIME! HE'S NOT A BOYFRIEND" She yelled out the window. Joshua was surprised at how loud her voice was.
"Terrilyn, he's just looking out for you, it's fine." Joshua peeped. Terrilyn glanced at him
"But what he did-"
"Was a misunderstanding." He placed a hand oh her shoulder and smiled at her. "I'm fine, just don't mind him." The two heard a quite chuckle from Steele.
"Sure. Fine. OK, it's fine. Let's just get english done." Terrilyn said, slightly annoyed at Steele and how calm Joshua was. She quickly took out her english copy and quickly did the work. Joshua smiled at her. He heard Steele settle outside. The sound sent a shiver down his spine.
The two finished their homework and decided to study. They went well, they heard the occasional shuffle outside. Joshua waved goodbye to Terrilyn and stepped out the door. He looked up at Steele. He put on a weary smile
"Bye Steele..." Joshua yelled up to him. His voice slightly lined with fear. Steele accepted this and nodded down.
"Would you like a walk home?" Steele asked. Joshua thought for a moment. Steele's violet eyes studded his small figure. Joshua looked up. He nodded up to him. Steele's eyes widened at the nod. He carefully set his hand down, palm up, close to Joshua. Josh looked up at his eyes, he put on a smile and hesitantly climbed on. Steele gently lifted his hand and stood up. He felt Joshua's tiny hands grip onto his pointer finger, just like Terrilyn, he thought. Joshua didn't dare to look down, let alone open his eyes.
He felt Steele take a step. The hand below swayed, another step, another sway. Joshua leaned into the movements, remembering his physics classes, about the water in the bucket. He felt Steele's slow pulse. How his movements matched it, how his heart beat so much faster. Before he knew it, he was high above his house. Steele still stood high above it.
"Joshua," Steele's voice shook his hand, the boy looked up, "You suprized me today. Terrilyn picked a good friend." He whispered, but more of a loud talk to Joshua. Josh didn't know what to do, let alone say. Steele knelt down and placed his hand on the ground. Joshua quickly hopped off and smiled up to Steele.
"T-thank you Steele." Joshua called up to him. Steele gave him a slight smirk as Joshua headed inside.
Joshua unlocked the door and entered. He locked the door behind him and shook the tension out of his muscles. Joshua took off his hoodie and hung it up. He began to relax and entered his kitchen. His eyes widened at what he saw inside. His mother his under the table, scared half to death, and his father stood in the doorway, mad as hell. Joshua faltered his steps.
"Look who's home, the one person we trusted with the house." His father spoke, unsurprised, unloving, untrusting. "And he had help getting home." His father glared at him. "Not like a real man." His father stepped up to him. Joshua quickly stepped back.
"JOSHUA, DO NOT BACK AWAY FROM YOUR FATHER!" His mother yelled. Joshua tried to stand tall. His father slapped him on the cheek.
"Know your place, don't stand up to the man of the house." His father said blankly. His mother just watched. His father stepped aside and walked past Joshua coldly. His mother followed. Hitting his arm with a burning cigarette.
"Know your place." She whispered to him as tears stung his eyes. She gave him a sly smile as she passed.
Joshua waited until they were gone to go to his room. He quietly closed the door and laid on his bed. That's when he felt it, the shaking of the ground as Steele left.
He had heard...
He had to...

Hello people of wattpad! Writer here, hope you enjoyed, this chapter shows a bit of Joshua's family. So um, that happened. I think I could have done better with Steele's speaking, I don't think I got the personality right. Anyways, hope you enjoyed and see you next chapter!
-Mojo
P.s, the YouTube video at the beginning, I thought it was perfect for this story, Steele being the main singer and Terrilyn being the one who found the 'little band'. The band being Joshua. Though it fit! Adios amigos! *finger guns