Chapter 1

Joshua and Terrilyn walked through the double doors into the cafeteria. The line for food flowed all the way to the edge of the doors. Terrilyn looked up at Joshua, he brought up a paper bag into her view and shook it. A smile appeared on her face. Joshua led them to a table away from other people near a window. Terrilyn set her bag on the floor and Josh began unpacking the bag.
"So Terrilyn, how's Nerie?" Joshua said as he brought out two peanut butter sandwiches. Terrilyn gave him a confused look.
"You mean Narrans right?" Terrilyn said as she took a bite of her sandwich. Joshua nodded.
"Not dead, they've lived quite a while, they flew at the park yesterday. Brought a friend home too." Terrilyn replied. Her hair was still messed up from science, all frazzled and fluffed from electricity. Terrilyn set the sandwich down and looked at Joshua with a smile. "Oh yeah! They dropped a primary feather yesterday, thought you would like to see it." Terrilyn ecstatically reached into a messengers bag. She pulled out a long, beautiful blue feather. Joshua plucked it from her hand and inspected it.
"Terrilyn, this is beautiful!" Joshua spoke in disbelief while inspecting it. "And it's still intact, Narrans is one epic bird my friend!" He handed the feather back to her.
"They miss seeing you, sense school started. They miss the extra treats from you." Terrilyn spoke, peanut butter lightly smeared on her face.
"Well, I'll be there today!" Joshua smirked, Terrilyn smiled brightly. She wiped the peanut butter from her face, and chomped down on the last one her sandwich, Joshua turned towards the window.
"So who's this friend Narrans brought home?" Joshua asked as a few seagulls flew past.
"Oh, we named her Alona, it's a raven aswell. Funny how a blue and gold macaw becomes friends with a raven." Terrilyn spoke, the two couldn't feel it, but they saw Terrilyn bottle of water ripple in the pocket of her bag. Terrilyn joined Joshua looking outside.
Sure enough, Steeles brown hair moved along the ocean of houses in the background. Terrilyn smiled wider and most other students shrunk back. Joshua kinda froze with an awkward smiling expression, if he's still in the town, will he be at Terrilyn's house? Joshua didn't want to cancel because of a bit of a fear but, what if...
No, it won't happen. Joshua bonked himself on the side of his head to fling the thoughts away. Terrilyn looked over at him with a confused expression, Joshua just swirled his finger at himself, 'I'm crazy'. Terrilyn laughed a bit and reoriented herself. She and Joshua talked a bit while until the warning bell rang for the next round of classes. Joshua will bring you along, first Joshua has English, luckily it's with Terrilyn so let's begin.
The two stopped at their lockers and yoinked their books. They walked side-by-side to English and sat down. Everyone started flowing inside the classroom after the usual bell and the teacher begun.
"... Okay, now for the homework." She said. It was nearing the end of class. Terrilyn looked over at Joshua worried, she didn't do it. "How about, oh! Joshua, how about you start us off." Joshua whipped his head over to her. How could she betray him like this! He ripped out the page from his copy (notebook for amarica) and stood up. He carefully made his way over to the top of the class. "So Joshua, what was your important memory?"
He took a deep breath.

"I-I..." Joshua looked over at Terrilyn. She smiled, he nodded in confidence. "My most important memory, was when my family and I were saved by Steele Veyne."

    Heyo people, writer Mojo here, thanks for all the support on the prologue! It was wonderful. So what do you think so far? Don't worry to message or comment, I love seeing and reading them! Anyways, Enjoy you day!
-Mojo