Chapter Twenty Three

Bondita had so many questions in her mind about this topic but suddenly her stomach interrupted her thoughts by growling loudly from hunger.

Bondita : Bohut jor ki bhuk lagi hain....subhese kuch khaneko nahi mila mujhe! Kya karu? Rasoi ghar pe jake dhunti hun kuch!

Saying that, she started taking little steps torwards the kitchen. Her scalp was hurting from wearing the same hairdo for too long so she slowly opens her bun and her long,luscious black hair falls till her knee. She then looks around but finds nothing to eat.

Bondita : Neeche toh kuch nahi hain khaneke liye!

She then looks up and remembers seeing koyeli putting containers of batasa (A type of surgary candy made from melted suger) on the upper cupboard. So she takes a stool and climbs up to open the cupboard and sees few containers. She takes the big container first and tries to open it. While opening it, the flour from the container goes to her eyes and the container accidentaly falls from her hands making tons of noises. Meanwhile, Batuk was also entering the kitchen as he was hungry too.

Batuk : Itni raat ko andar sor kon kar raha hain?

Saying that, Batuk slowly enteres the kitchen to see Bondita with open hair covered in flour so he doesn't recognise her and gets scared.

Batuk : Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Bhuttttt!!! Bhuttt!!!

Bondita : Bhut nahi! Main hun bhukkar‌!!!

Batuk : Tum kon?

Bondita : Main Bondita!

Batuk : Bondita? Aisi sakhchunni (A type of Bengali ghost) kyu ghum rahi ho tum?

At that moment, Kaka enters with bihari but he stops at the corridor of the kitchen and doesn't steps his foot inside.

Kaka : Kya chal raha hain idhar? Itna sor kyu arahe hain rasoi se? Oh tum (Bondita) ho! Ab konsa absagun karne main tuli huyi ho tum?

Kaka said angrily while Bondita got a naughty thought in her brain.

Bondita : Bhuk lagi thi.....

She said while looking at him with puppy eyes. Kaka tried to avoid her gaze.

Kaka : Hamare parivar ki sukh, maan samman chinkar pet nahu bhara tumhara?

Bondita : Nahi.....

Bondita said while looking at Kaka innocently. Kaka got shocked by her answer.

Kaka : Bado ke sath kutark karneke sibha kuch sikhaya bhi hain tumhari ma ne tumhe?

Bondita : Sikhaya haina! Par bhuk ke mare kuch yaad nahi araha! Bohut jor ki bhuk lagi hain!

Kaka : Dekha Bihari! Yeh hain Roy Chowdhury haveli ki badi bahu! Kya pasand hain tumhare chote malik ki!

Bondita : Toh kuch khaneko bhi denge yah badi bahu ko bhuka hi marenge aaplog?

Kaka : Hum pagal ho jayenge Bihari.... Iske sath thori der aur rahe toh hum sach main pagal ho jayenge!!!

Kaka said while leaving and Bihari followed him. Bondita then touches her stomach which was growling.

Bondita : Bohut bhuk lagi hain mujhe. Subhe se kuch khaneko nahi mila...yaha bhi kuch nahi mil raha!

Batuk stared at Bondita and thought for a while. "Should I let her eat those or not?", Batuk said in his mind but after looking at Bondita he felt bad.