𖥻 ࣪ 1ᵎᵎ : its camilo, by the way

It was all a big mistake

It was all a big mistake. You didn't mean for it to happen. But who would believe you when practically the whole village witnessed it? Oh how you wished you stayed home. It all started with a trip to the bakery.

You, along with your brother and boyfriend went through the bustling crowd, all talking about the youngest of the Madrigals receiving their gift today.

Your boyfriend, Manuel, wanted to accompany you while you're of with your errands your mom assigned you to do but soon bailed minutes later. Something came up, again. He promised to make it up to you by going with you to Antonio's ceremony before scurrying away.

"I told you he's not good enough for you." Your older brother, Pedro nagged as you walk into the bakery. The scent of freshly baked bread filled up your nose.

Pedro tagged along because he never trusted Manuel alone with you. Whenever he visited, Pedro always gave him a 'you're dead to me' look.

"Well that's not something that concerns you." You shot back, picking up some freshly baked loaves.

"I'm just saying you deserve better than that, y/n. Just like how Isabela deserves more than that Mariano." You rolled your eyes. "Dios mío, you're still on about that?"  you sighed while digging through your bag in search for coins, you gave the shopkeeper a polite nod.

"Look, I even heard that Mariano is planning to propose soon, you might as well just drop it." Just as the words came out of your mouth, Isabela walked passed the bakery shop. Petals trailing off as she strides along. Decorating the sidewalk with flowers that she conjured up.The fragrance of flowers swiftly brushed across your nose.

"It's not over until she says "I do."" Pedro quickly said in a patriotic manner as he raced out of the bakery shop, planning to talk to Isabela. Leaving you and the shopkeeper alone.

' That..that is the same guy giving ME dating advice.'

You scoffed in disgust and a little bit of amusement on how your foolish brother acts over a pretty girl.

"Excited for the ceremony tonight?" The shopkeeper asked you, shifting the spotlight away from Pedro. "Oh um of course!" You politely responded.

You never took much of a liking to the Madrigal family. But in a village as small as Encanto, missing out on any of their events, can put you on a blacklist. Though you must admit, you are quite intrigued on what the young boy's gift was going to be, hoping it won't be a failed one like before.

"So your brother has the feels for Isabela?" She grinned. And now the spotlight shifts back to him. You hummed while nodding your head. A new lady customer walked in, a child holding her hand, demanding a lollipop. "Well how about you? Surely a pretty girl like you must like one of them."

You said nothing and shrugged in response. "You do!" The shop owner exclaimed in a delighted tone while clapping her hands. "So? Which one is it?" Her eyes hungry with the interest of new found gossip. 

The other customer was now waiting in line, with the child holding a lollipop in his hands.
You didn't want to be an inconvenience, so you spat out the first Madrigal that came to mind.

"I don't know.. of the top of my mind.. I guess the shapeshifter is kinda cute."

"Thank you princesa." You looked at your back to see the lady, a mischievous smile etched on her face.

Your eyes diverted at the child that the woman was holding. You've seen his face before, on that graffiti wall of the Madrigals. Realization hit you like a bus. The child was Antonio.

You hovered your eyes back to the lady, confused with 'her' peculiar remark, but she wasn't there anymore. Instead, a teenage boy just a few inches taller than you took her spot.

"You!" You glared at the curly haired boy's entertained viridescent eyes now looking at your befuddled ones.

You felt flustered, you can feel your cheeks turning red while racking your brain to come up with something to get yourself out of this mess.

You looked down at the floor, flushed with embarrassment. He let out a chuckle, contented with your priceless reaction.

You felt a finger on your chin, lifting your face up, forcing your eyes to lock gazes with him. "It's Camilo, by the way." The boy said, leaning his head towards you, a smug look still written all over his face.

You rudely shooed his arm away, and made your way out of the shop, probably even faster than Pedro did.

"See you at the ceremony tonight!" chuckled with a disdainful tone. Oh now you're definitely not going. With your cheeks still heating up from embarrassment, you marched back home with with no hesitancy. And no bread.