𖥻 ࣪25 ᵎᵎ : something new

He didn't act out or lash out like a little child, but some part of you wished he did, because his silence was even more painful.

You answered Mirabel's question with a quiet confirmation,the girls beside you squealed in amusement. "Okay," Isabela fixed her posture, eager to listen. "Tell us everything, and I mean EVERYTHING." Her eyes sparkled in delight.

As much as you wanted to  wholeheartedly share the magical moment you've witnessed, across from you, Camilo vacantly stared at his empty placemat, Julieta had already collected all the plates. He sat there, not meeting your concerned gaze.

He got up shortly after Julieta asked for his assistance to wash the dishes. Meanwhile, Mariano looked like a sweaty mess. It was the moment he'd dread, the end of the dinner.

Felix never once tore his gaze off Mariano ever since he announced his engagement to his daughter. "Come on. Let's talk outside. Now." Felix roughly demanded the shaken boy.

It was a rare sight to see Pepa in a holly jolly mood, enraptured in pure blissful joy,while Felix looked rather grumpy. That wasn't the their typical dynamic.

Their firstborn was to be married. Felix wouldn't be caught alive showing it in front of Mariano, but deep down, he truly was happy. You hoped Camilo felt the same way too.

Mariano suddenly abandoned his noble and modest demeanor and looked like a shriveled up version of himself as he followed Felix out of the house, he looked back to see Dolores giving him a supporting look before he gets the talk with his future father in law.

Julieta left Camilo with the last of the dishes and lent him a pat on the back before personally congratulating Dolores. You took this chance to subtly slip in and assist him with the last pile of plates.

You scrubbed the first few plates in silence. "Are you mad at me?" He shook his head but his body language said different. "Dolores made me promise not to tell, otherwise, I would've told you in a heartbeat."

Camilo's shoulders relaxed, he'd thought the whole time that you just kept it to yourself for whatever reason.  "I get it, you were keeping a promise, just wished you gave me a little heads up you know?" He turned around to see his sister, a smile crept in his face watching how overjoyed Dolores looked, the happiest he'd ever seen her.

He was worried that Mariano saw her as a rebound, since he was hooked on Isabela for the longest time, but that wasn't true, and Mariano proved it.

He promised Felix to make Dolores the happiest person in this world, and that if he doesn't keep that, then Felix is free to chase him all around Encanto with his two feet tied up and barefoot.

"Soo we're good?"

"We're great." He nodded with a soft and reassuring smile.

__________________________________
9 weeks of repairing
(let's act like it's takes 9 weeks to repair a house💀 which in this case may have actually been possible with the help of the whole village)

You had yet another sleepover in with the Madrigal girls and woke up to their shrill squeals of excitement, even Luisa who's voice was typically deep sounded extremely high. They bounced on the beds purely overjoyed. Today was the day they move back into casita.

You groaned as the bed kept bouncing up and down, waking you from your slumber, you soon regretted uttering a sound since Mirabel pulled you up from the covers and urged you to jump with them.

"Come ooon y/n join us!" But you were too tired to even open your eyes. The door opened revealing a grumpy Antonio who was covering his eyes, just in case.

" I can hear you all from downstairs." He sleepily mumbled. In his arms was a tiger stuffed toy that he used as his sleep buddy. Mirabel guided the poor guy back to his room after shushing the girls.

You took this chance to crawl back in the covers but Isabela grabbed a hold of your arm and ushered all of you outside. "What the- Isa its 5 am! What are we doing out here?"

The cool and breezy air of early morning hit you hard like a truck, your thin night clothes couldn't supply any warmth for you. "To check the house in advance! We haven't been there for months!" Luisa answered.

"No I actually went there with Ca- never mind."
The girls eyed you suspiciously for a while before hesitantly dropping  it. "Waitt but wouldn't it be more worth the wait if we actually visit with everyone with us ?" Truth is you didn't care about that, you really just wanted to retreat back under the covers.

Isabela who basically decided everything, took what you said to account. "Fine. We'll just see it from a distance."

"We always look at it from a distance!" Dolores retorted, the tiredness from jumping got to her.

"Alright! Let's just head back then." Isabela finally gave in, the cold wind prickled her skin like tiny little needles. By this time, Julieta would be in the kitchen fixing up breakfast.

You hurriedly raced to you room, putting on your regular clothes and headed right back to the table. You counted the heads, Camilo wasn't there.

"Morning." You favorite voice uttered, like he appeared the moment you realized he wasn't there. His deep morning voice mumbled. You turned your back to see Camilo, with a messy half bun, rubbing off the sleep from his eyes.

"Why are you all up so early?" He looked like he just rolled off his bed. "It's Casita Opening Day!" Isabela said while putting the plates down.

"That's today?" Camilo received a punch from Dolores, he was barely awake, he was unsure whether what was happening was still a dream.

He took his seat beside you, and you lent him a kiss in the temple, which sent a surge of excitement through his body. It woke him up real fast. "Good morning!"

"You're in an awfully good mood." Camilo mumbled, confused with your cheery smile. "Why wouldn't I be? You're moving back in today."
________________________________

The crowd infront of casita was huge, all longing to go inside, barely containing their excitement to see the final product of the village's weeks of hard work.

Alma was in front of the door, the rest of the family alongside her.

"Look at our home, I like the new foundation."
Mirabel enthusiastically spoke.

"It isn't perfect.." Alma mentioned, it was true, there were little unpainted spots and stuck out bricks, it was nowhere close to how colorful old casita was.

"Neither are we." Mirabel nudged Alma playfully.

"That's true." The two chuckled like their had their own secret joke.

"Just one more thing, before the celebration."
Mirabel looked at Alma curiously.

"We need a doorknob." Bruno chipped in a somewhat off tone.

"We made this one for you." Antonio crept up beside Mirabel, his two hands could barely cover up the golden sphere he grasped.

He opened up his palms, revealing the doorknob the family made especially for her. On it was a specialized fancily written "M." It was golden, just like Mirabel's spirit all through out, it never faltered, she never lost hope, she is the family's one true gift.