𖥻 ࣪13ᵎᵎ : the unlucky one

A huge crack in the floor separated you and Mirabel from Abuela

A huge crack in the floor separated you and Mirabel from Abuela. The blue and gloomy atmosphere turned into a panicked one. The cracks you saw in Antonio's party seemed like a minor event compared to the size and intensity of these cracks.

The cracks relenteslledly glides through the casita. You trembled in fear as your wary eyes followed the crevices that crawled throughout the house. It was nothing compared to before, there was a bug possibility that the house could collapse at any moment.

"No no!" Pepa shrieked. "The candle!"

Mirabel raced passed through you and abuela while casita manger to shake off one of the blue railings from the balcony to serve as a ladder for her to climb on, making her way to the roof.

Your eyes followed Mirabel until something alerted your senses. You look up to see a large framed painting fall from the highest floor, aiming for Dolores. You rushed even faster than you did for that candle once upon a time ago.

"Dolores no!" You pushed her and yourself out of the way before the painting fell, dozens of glass shards flew everywhere.

You looked at her alarmingly and asked if she was okay, to whispered a thank you and a shaken up nod.

That was weird. Wouldn't she have been able to hear it fall and had the time to dodge it?

Before you could think, You felt strong waves beneath your feet, it got bigger with every surge. Casita was pushing you along with the other Madrigals out of the house. 

You tried to stick your ground but it was like trying to walk opposite direction in the middle of a wild hurricane as the untamed wind uses all its might to push you away.

Next thing you knew,  you fell face flat on the grassy floor.

You look around to see everyone thrown out, barely paying attention to the fact that they were thrown outside, all glueing their eyes at the crumbling casita. But 3 of the Madrigals weren't there.

Your eyes flickered back to the house. You stared in shock to see Camilo uncontrollably shifting as different people, one of them being you as he sprinted through the breaking hallway. Wreckage kept falling from the floor above but Camilo cleverly dodged them. He took a big leap. For a second it seemed as if he could make it, but he shifted back to himself.  He fell straight through just like the painting.

"CASITA SAVE HIM!" You cried out, but the casita had already planned a way to safely get him down even before you shouted. It did the same for Isabela who's vine she was swinging on disappeared as fast as the way it appeared. You let out a sigh of relief, but the panic came back after realize that they lost their powers.

Their doors have completely lost their glow, the million tiny little sparks they used to have sizzle away. You took a glimpse at your hands.

Have the Madrigals lost their powers ? And does that mean I  lost mine too?