𖥻 ࣪ 5ᵎᵎ : getaway car

You and Camilo exchanged worried looks

You and Camilo exchanged worried looks. You were the first 2 to run out the door. Mirabel was now walking down the stairs while you both followed her. "Wh-what? I swear there were cracks everywhere, everywhere!" Mirabel looks around exasperated, panting for air.

Everyone inside was now watching by the balcony, all with judgemental looks and petty murmurs. You even caught a particular girl, who you knew very well because your brother talks about her nonstop, roll her eyes in irritation.

"I swear I'm not making this up! They were even surrounding the candle, there were even some on the floor! y/n! you believe me right?" She looked at you with desperation.

You can feel every single person's pair of eyes in the room look staring at your very soul right now. Even Camilo's. "O..of course I do!" You spat out though you didn't even see anything. You just knew that Mirabel wouldn't lie about something like this.

Mirabel went on and on about what she saw until abuela had enough.

"You have to stop Mirabel!"Abuela shouts furiously. She looks back at the worried crowd, all the anger washed away. "There is nothing wrong with the casita! Everybody, please go back inside. Agustin, music!"

She obviously didn't seem like a delight. You've always wanted to like her, especially with what she's done for the village but she always rubbed you the wrong way.

Luisa then picked up a piano effortlessly with her bare hands and Agustin started playing on the keys.

But as she lifted up her dress before climbing up the stairs, the house started shaking. You look down to see cracks form in the middle of your feet. You gazed around to see cracks emerging everywhere. Multiplying on the walls, screams of shock came from the townspeople on the hallway. Mothers picking up their children, children covering their eyes.

"Y/n!" Camilo exclaimed, hastily pulling you away from where you were standing, you crashed into his chest. Just then, several ridges dropped on the spot you were on.

Your head now buried in his chest, his one hand on your back and the other covering your head.

You tilt up to see a worried Camilo looking down at you. "Are you hurt?" he whisper yelled while caressing your head.

You meekly shook your head in response. You felt mesmerized with how the boy quickly acted to save you.

You both heard abuela shriek "Dios mío! The candle!"

You then look up to see the candle that was shaking back and forth furiously threatening to fall off the great height. Abuela's eyes had fear all over it.

Then it did.

And you ran.

As fast as you could.

You heard Camilo call out your name but you didn't mind it, and you didn't know why. This candle was nothing to you yet you had the urge to save it. Like it was meant to happen.

You dived for it. The candle now resting in both of your hands. Still burning as bright as ever even after the fall. You then notice the scar in your hand finally healing shortly after you caught it, all was left was a white scar.Strange.

You quickly stood up, the candle in your right hand as you analyze the scar that still remained on your left. The trembling had stopped.

"What do you think you're doing!" Abuela's anger crept back in as she ripped the candle off your hands.

"I- I did- I don't know, I just saw the candle fall and I just had to catch it." You stumble on your words while trying to explain to the clearly fuming abuela.

"No!" her temper sparked. "You are not a Madrigal! You were never supposed to touch this candle!"

Is this the thank you I get? For saving the candle that gave you a miracle? The one that helps this very town?

Anger spread through you like a fire. Burning red.

Maybe literally.

Looks of horror from everyone watching, including abuela. But they were not looking at you, they were looking at your hand. You looked to where their gaze was, your eyes widened at the sight.

You brought your left hand up, now leveling it with your face. Your hand was.. burning? It was on fire but you didnt feel the heat of it. It was simply surrounding your hand. Little flames dancing non your fingertips.

You then look to your right hand that had tiny little water droplets surrounding it. You couldn't believe your eyes. You focused on making it stop, and it did. The fire burnt out and the water evaporated into thin air.

You turned your head to Mirabel, then Camilo who was slightly infront of her, then back to abuela. All with the same distraught and confused look on their face.

"How..how did you do that?" Abuela asked in a scared yet demanding tone.

She asked again, twice, thrice. Your mouth was open but nothing came out.

Everything became a blur, as if everything moved in slow motion, as you stood there in your dusty party dress from the fall.

You saw Abuela raise her hand, nearing closer and closer to your face. You knew were this was going.

You had so much things to say. So much questions swirling in your head, yet you did nothing. You didn't know what to do.

Luckily Camilo answered that for you. He took your hand and pulled you away before abuela could even touch you. Both of you ran the hell out of the house, like criminals rushing in the getaway car. You look back at the casita. The window sadly bid you a wave goodbye as the cracks slowly faded away.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*:.。. .。.:*・・*
🏷𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥'𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘 (important!)
♡︎- you can only manipulate fire and water/ice btw, not wind or earth.

♡︎-idk why but i feel it coming, so let me debunk it as early as now. No, Bruno isn't the father, you are not blood related to the Madrigals. How did you get powers then? Well that's something you're gonna have to find out. ;)