𖥻 ࣪9ᵎᵎ : the prophecy

"Well

"Well." Your mom mumbled. "That explains the looks from the neighbors."

"W-what do you mean you saw this coming?" You jumped back to what she previously just said.

Your mom took a deep breathe. "Well you see mija, Abuela Alma wasn't entirely correct... you weren't the first non Madrigal to touch that candle, it was your dad."

"As you know your father and Bruno were really close friends, so one day, when they were about your age, they were running inside the Madrigal's house, right by the window where the candle stood, your father tripped, which gained him a wound on his left hand just like yours."

You look at the faded scar that remained on your left palm. She continued her story. "Julieta was nowhere to be found so.. Bruno suggested to touch the candle since it gave them a miracle and all. His wound began to fade too... and just like you, he got powers. The miracle ran in his blood. They both swore to keep it between them only. But of course, shortly after we got married, he told me too."

Your jaw was on the floor. "Woah, what was his power?"

"It was the opposite of Bruno's, he was able to see into the past."

"Cool!..but if they were such good friends, why did they suddenly..stop?" You queried.

Your mom goes back to explaining. "So you see.. when I found out I was pregnant with you, we wanted Bruno to look in the future to see if you were gonna be a boy or a girl, he saw that you were gonna be a girl...but that wasn't all.

"He foresaw that you'd be able to gain powers, really powerful ones, with endless possiblities, so powerful that.." She took a sharp breathe before looking at me with sad eyes.

"That they were capable of destroying Encanto."

You let out a sharp gasp before looking at your hands.

"He even said something about a dome ? I can't really remember. She got lost in her thoughts, trying to remember what else was in his vision  before you waved your hand infront of her face to get her attention.

"Obviously, your father was outraged by this, so out of anger, he cut Bruno out of our lives, thinking that would make any difference. And by the time you were five, you didn't gain any powers like the Madrigals and Pedro did so we figured it wasn't true-."

You stood there. Wide-eyed. Your mom clapped her mouth at the realization of what she just said."Wait... PEDRO HAS POWERS TOO?"

"Yes I do." You spun around to see Pedro by the door, casually interrupting.

It's confirmed. Nobody in Encanto knew how to announce their presence.

Pedro then extended his hand with his palm open. An apple from the fruit bowl slowly floated up and flew into his hand. He took a bite.

"I'm glad má already decided to tell you! It was exhausting hiding my powers whenever you were around. I even accidentally made a pencil hover to my hands once or twice in front of you but you were too oblivious to notice!" You looked at him like a deer in headlights.

"Má? Why didn't you ever tell me this before?" You looked back and forth at your brother who just took a seat beside your mom.

"Well I mean you never asked!" She shrugged. "And shortly after you were born, right after your father left, Pedro and I agreed to hide it from you until you got your own powers, but it never happened so we just.. never told you."

"Ooh ooh!" Pedro says enthusiastically "Can I tell her the last part of Bruno's prophecy? It's my favorite!"

"Tsk!" Your mother hissed at him, signaling him to keep shut.

"But she deserves to know!" Your brother argued.

"I deserve to know what?"

"Look y/n its already nighttime, you had a lot to take in, why don't you-"

"I deserve to know what?" You demanded your brother.

Pedro gave your mom a glance, to which she replied with a sigh and a nod. "Well I guess there's no more use in hiding it-"

"Manuel sees someone else behind your back." Pedro mentions almost instantly after your mom gave him permission to blabber it out.

Your mom slapped him in the head. " What?? You said I could tell her!" He whined while rubbing his head " Yes but jeez mijo, you could've not been so straightforward about it."

You look up at him, with no readable expression, it finally opened your eyes. All those excuses of his where he would say 'something came up.' and all his worried glances when you were in public with him. Anger rushed through you. Fire once again coming out of your fingertips.

"You know, with a power like yours, you can burn his house down without a trace..." Manuel suggests trying to kill the silence.

This earned him another slap in the head.

You leaned on the counter. "No..I can't do that, one day the village saw fire igniting from my hands then the next day a house burns down? It's uncanny. I don't want to be on their bad side any further..."

"Plus I promised abuela to use my powers for good, I can't break a promise as important as that." You folded your arms. It was never your intention to hurt anyone with your powers.

Pedro's elbows were on the table, his chin resting on his hands. "See this is why we never liked him, and it pained me that I was never able to tell you why."

You widened your eyes at the realization of all the cheap shots and dirty looks your brother always gave.

"So..what are you gonna do about that y/n?" Your mom asked, trying to uplift your sinking emotions. You wanted to race back to Mirabel, you also wanted to slap the hell out of Manuel.  But you knew what you had to do first. You had to put yourself first.

You took a deep breathe. "I'm breaking up with him. First thing tomorrow."

Your brother got up off his chair with fists in the air "Finally!" He roared.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

🏷𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥'𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘
♡︎-the way your mom already outsold Camilo in number of lines LMFAOOAOAO (i promise to make up for it in the next coming chapters! <3 more y/n x Camilo moments in the way, my friend gave my several ideas for it so yay )