two

OCTOBER - TWENTY-NINE WEEKS PREGNANT. 

'Oh my goodness! Look at you, I'm so glad I was able to get out before they made their grand arrival.' Dallas says smiling as she instantly wraps her arms around her little sister.

'I'm so glad you were able to come out, Dal... I feel like it's been forever since you've been out here.' Demi admits and Dallas nods her head.

'I know. Things have been crazy busy but I promise I'll try get out more, especially when they're here. I want them to know their crazy Auntie Dallas.' Dallas replies smiling.

'How do you feel about doing some baby shopping with me while you're here? I've got some last minute bits I need to pick up and I'd love to do it with you.' Demi suggests watching Dallas' face instantly light up.

'I'd like that, Dems... It still blows my mind that you're gonna be a mom; like I know you went through a whole year of trying and I've known for ages that this was your plan but seeing you here with this belly is just crazy.' Dallas says shaking her head as she glances down at Demi's stomach.

'It feels so surreal for me at times as well, honestly. I remember before my bump was huge I'd walk past that huge mirror in my hallway and catch my reflection and be like oh shit this is real. Now there is just no forgetting, not with the weight of carrying this around.' Demi replies running her hand over her growing stomach. One fear she had was that her body changing would be a huge trigger for her eating disorder and while in the beginning it was definitely strange to see her body change, she has absolutely loved having a bump.

'They're kicking up a storm in there. Do you want to feel?' Demi asks. 

'C-Can I?' Dallas says and Demi nods her head. Taking her sister's hand, she places it against her stomach where one of her unborn babies has been kicking. She holds it there for a few minutes before Dallas gasps and tears fill her eyes.

'Oh my... That's so magical.' Dallas says and Demi nods her head.

'It is, isn't it... Although when it's 3am in the morning and one of them is using my bladder as a trampoline it doesn't feel just as magical.' Demi admits causing Dallas to laugh.

****

NOVEMBER - THIRTY-FIVE WEEKS PREGNANT.

'Demi... You okay in there? You've been in there for an awful long time?' Sirah asks as she leans against the wall outside the bathroom.

'Mmm... Are you busy this afternoon? Have you got anything on?' Demi asks.

'Nope, nothing on today. How come? Is there somewhere you need to go?' Sirah asks.

'I-Well I think my waters have just broke so I might need to go to the hospital.' Demi replies as she slowly opens the bathroom door.

'Oh shit. Right, what do we do? Who do I phone?' Sirah asks watching a small smile appear on Demi's face.

'Phone Max and let him know that we'll be heading to the hospital soon; see if he can head over or if he can arrange for someone else to... I'm going to phone Dr Moruzzi and see if we should head in just now.' Demi replies and Sirah nods her head.

'Okay. Are you okay? Are you in pain? Do you need help to your bedroom or downstairs or anywhere?' Sirah asks. 

'Sirah, stop freaking out. I've got mild contractions but I'm fine. Just phone Max for me and see what he can arrange, okay?' Demi replies.

****

'Hey, you... How are doing? Have you got your bags and everything ready?' Max asks softly as Demi opens the front door with her hand resting on her stomach.