four

Note: I had intended on getting this up a few days ago however life has been pretty hectic. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I would love to know if there is anything you would like to see; would you like Demi to eventually find love or would you rather it continue down the solo parent route?

NOVEMBER - ONE YEAR OLD.

'What have you got them for their birthday?' Matthew asks as he helps Demi secure a banner to the wall.

'I've mainly got them clothes. I know my mom and that have a ton of toys for them so I didn't want to go overboard. I've got a few smaller toys but figured for this year I'd just go more practically while everyone else went crazy with toys.' Demi replies.

'I can't believe it's been one whole year since they were born.' He says as she stands back to look at the banner on the wall.

'Mmm... Best year of my life. It's crazy because there was a time when I didn't think I'd have this. I remember I used to hear kids calling people mom and my heart used to ache. Now I've got two little people who call me mama and I feel so incredibly lucky.' She replies as she shakes her head causing him to smile.

'You're a brilliant mama and you deserve just as much as anyone else to be a mama.' He says.

'What are your plans for Christmas this year?' He asks as they sit down and Demi reaches for her glass of water.

'We're going to my mom's. I think we'll head down on the 23rd and then we'll come back just before New Year... What are you doing for New Year?' She asks and he shrugs his shoulders.

'Probably nothing. I don't have any plans and I just feel like I'm getting a bit old to be going out for it, everyone seems so young.' Matthew admits causing her to smile.

'Why don't you come over here? I'll invite Sirah as well and we'll have some food and stuff? Only if you don't mind the two little ones being here.' She suggests.

'Sounds great. You know we love being around the little ones.' He replies smiling.

****

ddlovato: This time last year

ddlovato: This time last year... Can't believe my babies are one 🥺❤

View all 273723 comments.

diannadelagarza Oh look at my grandbabies! Can't believe how tiny they were. Can't wait to see you all 🤍

- ddlovato We can't wait to see you as well ❤

****

MARCH

'So I've been thinking and I still have that one little frozen embryo.' Demi says glancing at Sirah who is sitting in the drivers seat.

'Oh yeah? Are you thinking you might transfer that embryo?' Sirah asks and Demi shrugs her shoulders.

'I don't know. Part of me is so content with just the twins and I know how lucky I am to have two beautiful and healthy little ones but I hate the idea of not giving that little embryo a chance at life.' Demi admits.

'There's no harm in trying, Demi. If another kid is something you'd like then like you said you've got that one last embryo waiting to be used.' Sirah replies and Demi nods her head.

'I might start the process in the summer... Hopefully give them a little brother or sister to run around with.' Demi says glancing in the backseat at Theo and Lottie who are fast asleep in their carseats.

'If you start it during summer does that mean you won't be talking any holidays? I'm just thinking with your injections and things.' Sirah asks and Demi shrugs her shoulders.

'Probably. I don't know. I had wanted to take them to Disney again in the summer so I might need to rethink things. I just don't want to be due around their birthday or Christmas again. I'd like a few months in between it.' Demi admits as Sirah pulls into a parking space.

'Right well lets say you started the process next month and had a transfer in May you'd be due when? Roughly?' Sirah asks.

'January which is what I don't want. So if I had a transfer say June or July it would be February/March time unless we got a transfer really late May.' Demi replies and Sirah nods her head.

'I'm sure if you spoke to the consultant you would be able to work out the best way to do things.' Sirah says.

'It's just working out what's best for them as well.' Demi replies.

'Oh definitely.' Sirah says.

****

JUNE

'Did you see that bullshit article that I'm getting married?' Demi says rolling her eyes as she lifts Lottie out of her carseat and rests her on her hip.

'Mmm... I did. Me and mom were laughing about it.' Dallas replies doing the same with Theo.

'It's ridiculous and to think people actually believe this stuff. Little do they know I'm here pregnant with my third baby as a solo mama.' Demi says shaking her head as they make their way into the house.

'How are you feeling?' Dallas asks.

'Sick, tired... The usual way I'd expect to feel at six weeks pregnant. I still can't believe it happened again, I was so sure it wouldn't work.' Demi admits.

'I was so surprised when you told us. I didn't even know you were planning on trying again.' Dallas admits.

'I only really told Sirah and Matthew and that was mainly because it's them here every day, it's them I needed to watch these two whilst I went through treatment.' Demi says placing Lottie on the floor and helping her take her coat off.

'When is your next scan?' Dallas asks.

'I have one next week I think which is when I'll graduate from the fertility clinic to my chosen OBG-YN.' Demi replies, her hand subconsciously brushing over her stomach.

'This time next year you'll have two, two year olds and what? Roughly a five or six month old? How crazy is that? Are you hoping for a boy or girl?' Dallas asks and Demi shrugs her shoulders.

'Honestly? I really don't care. As long as baby makes it here safe and sound I don't mind.' Demi replies smiling.