seven

OCTOBER 

'Just take your time.' Max says as he holds the car door open and watches Demi winch slightly as she turns to get out of the car. Taking a deep breath, she slowly swings her legs out of the car before taking his hand which is out in front of her and allowing him to help her out. 

'Thank you.' She almost whispers as she glances over to where Dianna has the infant carseat cradled in the crook of her elbow.

'Ready to go introduce little miss to her big brother and sister?' Dianna asks and Demi nods her head.

'Oh I've been looking forward to this moment for days.' Demi replies smiling as she slowly starts to make her way towards the house. What she had hoped would be a pretty straight forward birth turned into a thirty hour labour followed by an emergency caesarean section and a three day stay in hospital. She slowly makes her way up the stairs outside the front door before making her way into the house.

'Momma...' Lottie squeals causing Demi to smile.

'Oh my babies... I have missed you both so, so much.' Demi says.

'Pops said you have a sore belly.' Theo says and Demi nods her head.

'That's right. Why don't we go into the living room and have a cuddle then you can meet your baby sister?' Demi suggests. They make their way into the living room and Demi slowly lowers herself down onto the sofa as Lottie and Theo both climb onto the sofa beside her.

'Did you have a good time with Pops and Nana?' Demi asks wrapping her arms around them both.

'Mmm... I missed you, momma.' Theo replies causing her to smile as she kisses each of their heads.

'Oh I missed you too, both of you so much. Do you want to meet your baby sister?' Demi asks and both kids nod their heads. Demi watches as Dianna makes her way over with the carseat; she gently places the carseat down on the coffee table watching as Lottie gasps.

'Lottie, Theo... I'd like to introduce you both to your baby sister Emily.' Demi says smiling. 

'Are we keeping her?' Theo asks.

'Yes, we're keeping her buddy.' Demi replies.

JANUARY 

'How's Maddie and the baby doing?' Sirah asks watching as Demi secures Emily in the baby carrier attached to her chest.

'She's doing amazingly. She was born to be a momma honestly... I actually want to pick up a few bits in here for here to make up a hamper for both her and baby. She should get home in the next few days so once she's settled I'll take the kids over to see them.' Demi replies causing Sirah to smile.

'Do they have name yet?' Sirah asks as they begin to make their way towards the large Target.

'No, not yet. She says they just can't agree on one. It's funny because naming the kids was so easy for me but I think that's because I got to name them what I wanted and I didn't need to consult someone else.' Demi admits and Sirah nods her head.

'Probably. What you going to put in the hamper?' Sirah asks.

'I'm not 100% sure but I don't want to just buy her a bunch of clothes because I know she's already got hundreds so I was thinking I might go down the more practical route and maybe some pamper bits for her.' Demi replies.

'I also need to pick up a few bits for this little lady; some more diapers and stuff like that.' Demi adds and Sirah nods her head.

'How are the other munchkins? I feel like it's been ages since I properly spent some time with them both.' Sirah admits causing Demi to smile.

'I know. They were so poorly and I thought it was best to just shut down. I don't think we left the house for three weeks straight because I was just so focused on making sure they were both okay but they're thankfully on the mend now.' Demi replies.

'How are they doing at pre-school?' Sirah asks.

'Oh Lottie is thriving. She is loving every single minute of being there. Theo has struggled; it's been a lot more of an adjustment for him but it's getting easier. He's made this little friend Micah which I definitely think has helped... You should come with me to pick them up if you're not busy?' Demi suggests.

'I'd love that.' Sirah replies smiling.

APRIL

'What's going through that head of yours?' Dianna asks as she sits down next to Demi who's watching the kids all playing in the back yard with her family.

'Mmm... You'll think I've lost my mind. I kinda think I've lost my mind.' Demi admits biting her bottom lip.

Now I'm intrigued. What's going on?' Dianna asks.

'Lottie and Theo have each other and I love that they're so close but sometimes I just look at her and I wonder what it would be like to have someone similar to her age... Someone for her to be really close to growing up. I know Maddie has Hudson and I know they'll be close but I just- I don't know.' Demi replies shaking her head as she glances down at Emily who is fast asleep in her arms.

'Are you considering having another baby?' Dianna asks and Demi shrugs her shoulders.

'I don't know what I'm considering. I was thinking about it the other night when I was going through their easter baskets to make sure I had everything and I just thought to myself four years doesn't seem like a huge gap but when I looked at the type of things they were getting and I just thought they're going to always be at such different stages of their lives until they're adults.' Demi replies.

'You're still young enough to have another if that is what you wanted. You have embryos that are frozen still, don't you?' Dianna asks and Demi nods her head.

'Mmm... I've got two. I just don't know. I know I am so incredibly lucky to have my babies and I am so grateful to have been able to have all three of them but I also would really love for her to have someone close to her age.' Demi admits.

'Honestly? If it's something you really want then I'd say go for it. You have enough love to for four children, you have enough to provide amazing lives for four children. If you want another baby then have another baby. You know I'll always love more grandbabies.' Dianna says smiling. 

'Thank you, mom... You know this weekend has been amazing. We definitely should try get away together more often.' Demi says and Dianna nods her head.

'We should. The kids have loved it.' Dianna replies.

'Of course they have... Dallas has been giving Lottie and Theo chocolate for their breakfast.' Demi says smiling. 

Please let me know if there is anything you would like to see in this story, any situations etc.