Pity Party -Wilbur Soot Angst/Fluff-

A/N:
Idea from Pity Party by Melanie Martinez! They're also younger in this one! Probably at least in their high school teens (16-18) Also I didn't even think about the readers parents till the end so let's just say they're on a trip :) Enjoy!!

TW/: Mentions of depression and suicidal tendencies

—————
Wilbur X Fem!Reader
—————

Todays my birthday!! I was excited, I invited a bunch of people, I made sure to put my heart on every cursive letter to make it look pretty. I had everything ready, the cake, decorations and games! I sat there at my dining table waiting for knocks on the door. A few minutes turned into an hour then two hours.. Then three.
No one showed up.

Maybe I shouldn't have decorated with pastel ribbons, maybe it's a cruel joke on me.. Whatever.. Whatever. I cut off a piece of cake for myself, at least I can have more cake for me forever. Tears filled my eyes as I ate; why didn't anyone come? My heart only broke more as I thought about it. Finally the tears spilled. Who cares? It's my party, I'll cry if I want to! I'll cry and cry till my candles burn down this place! I'll cry till my pity party's in flames.

And I did, I cried and cried. I had no one else. No one seemed to care, I didn't even have my parents. Then the best idea came along, maybe I should let this place burn.. I start laughing and crying, it feels like I'm dying. It was an insane idea but I didn't want to live in a world that didn't care but just as I was about to set my lucrative plan into motion.. There was a knock on the door

I hesitantly get up and walk over to the door "Hello?" I ask "Y/N, I got your invitation! Sorry I'm so late! Can you let me in?" His voice sounded familiar, like honey. I open the door, it was Wilbur, I've had a crush on him since we became friends freshman year. I smiled "Hey, Wil!" He gives me a wide smile but then it falls "Have you been crying?" My smile falls. How the hell did I forget that I was crying? "Uh.. Yeah" He steps into my house and I close the door "Why? Did something happen?" I nod a bit "Yeah, you're the only one who showed up" He gives me a soft look as tears fill my eyes once again. Wilbur pulls me into a tight hug "I'm so sorry. I would've been here earlier but I wanted to get you the perfect present" I look up at him "Can I open it?" He nods and moves away from me to sit down at the dining table. "You never blew out your candles" I sit next to him "I uh.. I just thought that arson was a good way to go out" Wilbur's eyes widen "Were you really gonna burn your house down?" I shrug "I don't know. Probably not, just.. A thought I had I guess" Wil sighs softly "Call me next time, will you? I'd hate to get over here and find that your house burned down" I smile and nod "Yeah, I'll call you next time, I promise"

He motions for me to move closer to him "Blow out your candles and make a wish" He says softly and I do. I close my eyes, make a wish and blow out the candles. I open my eyes and look at Wil, gosh he's so pretty.. "Good job, ready for your present?" I nod "Yes I am but.. I want to tell you what I wished for" He tilts his head "But if you tell me then it won't come true" I shrug "You're my best friend, Wil. Anything I wish for always comes back to you" I move a bit closer to him "How so?" He asks softly "Because I always wish to be with you" His smile grows "Really?" I nod and laugh a bit "Yes, really. You're the best person that has ever come into my life and I hope you never leave it" He shakes his head, then suddenly leans in, pecking my lips "I will never leave, I promise" His words and sudden action caught me off guard "Now open your present. Make this party less of a pity one" I smile and open my present, it wasn't very big, just a small box. I open the little box and it revealed a necklace shaped into a heart, with little cursive words engraved into it 'Always and Forever Yours'

Tears filled my eyes once again, I hugged Wilbur tightly "I love you" I say quietly. His arms wrap around me "I love you too, darling" We pull away from each other and he puts the necklace around my neck "It looks beautiful" I smile and peck his lips "Thank you, Mr. Soot.. My always and forever"

—————
Word count: 893
—————

This one's very short- And in my opinion, not very good. I've been struggling with the plot for this one for so long so I did rush through it. I hope you all enjoyed though!!

Also happy birthday to whoever reads this since it was a b-day AU!!

Have an amazing day/night!!!

—————
Max :)