➳spallolalia

So I finally worked out an entire plotline to this whole book, which doesn't stress me tf out anymore so that's great, and also this fanfic could last for quite a bit yet, probably only just under halfway through.. Is that good or not? I have no idea >.<

Anyways thank you for reading, and enjoy...?

Spallolalia- flirtatious talk that leads nowhere.

I had to call Gerard. I had to call him and apologise for my mother. I hated how he'd walked away with that look on his face, and that it was partly my fault. I should have said something. I should have intervened and told my mother not to speak to him like that, because without him god knows what would have happened.

However, as soon as the front door shut, I was subjected to positive verbal abuse, my mother yelling at me loudly and solidly for about ten minutes. I had to fight hard not to roll my eyes or sigh- not because I wanted to appear as though I was actually interested but through fear of dragging out the process- until I could bear it no longer and had to retaliate.

"If it weren't for Gerard, god knows what would have happened," I spat suddenly, knowing without caring that I'd just condemned myself to a full-blown argument. Almost immediately the expression on my mother's face made me wish I'd just not said anything, but there was no way I was willing to stand here and let him get slated when he'd probably saved me from something awful, and the small matter of me being a little bit in love with him. I'd stumbled upon that revelation whilst we were walking home and I was surprisingly cool about it.

"He dragged you home after probably spiking your drink, don't be so stupid Frank," she rallied dismissively, and I felt a wave of anger rise over me in almost an instant.

"No, he didn't. He doesn't drink, and you know who did spike my drink, mom? That goody-goody little son of Ros, you know perfect little Brendon? Yeah. So don't be so down on Gerard when he probably saved me from god knows what they were going to do after that."

The words were pouring from my mouth in a vicious torrent, weeks of pent-up annoyance coming out as one tidal wave of anger. What did she have against him? Seriously? He was just a kid. In all honesty, I found it rather pathetic. God forbid I chose my own friends for once, and god forbid their mother wasn't part of the church comittee. Some people had other things to live for, which I don't think my mother had grasped yet. Hence why she was expecting me to live my life the way that was expected and typical and unremarkable and conventional and wrong. Work, work, work and then die. Was there any wonder I was wanting to do other things? What I wanted to do, see the world, meet new people, try new things?

My mother snorted derisively, although I knew it had shaken her a little. Any child of Ros was an angel, apparently. I'd love to know what she'd do if she ever found out that Brendon smoked a shit tonne of weed and was wicked gay for the skinny little Ryan kid in the year below. 

"It doesn't change the fact that you're suddenly infatuated with one of the Way's."

She said the name as though it was a disgusting swear word, and the anger I was feeling at the situation increased almost sevenfold. What was honestly so bad about the Way's? Sure maybe they ran a little wild at times but hell, I'd take their life over mine. Or at least what I knew about, as Gerard had hinted that things weren't as great as he made out quite a few times. I just wanted my mom to give me a reason. One reason that I shouldn't hang out with him, and not just because they were a little bit unconventional. 

"Why do you hate the Way's so much?" I asked, aware that my voice came out rather more pathetically than I'd intended it to. Like a child's.

"Doesn't everyone?" My mother asked, and completely ignored my retort of 'I don't', continuing to moan about them in a similar vein.