Chapter 6

JENNIE

"So where are we off to?" I asked Lisa while sitting on the passenger's seat of her car.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," she winked at me.

"Hey! That's not fair."

"Everything's fair in love sweetheart."

With those words, Lisa started the engine of the car and we went ahead at full speed.

Lisa told me that it would take us almost an hour to reach our destination so I decided to do my favourite thing while traveling and that was - sleep. Lisa did complain to me that i shouldn't sleep because she'll get bored driving alone, but I didn't give in to her request and closed my eyes to enjoy the rest of the ride sleeping.

******

I don't know where I am right now, the moment I opened my eyes I expected to be in Lisa's car but surprisingly I am on a bed which is very comfortable, also there is a small soft stuffed toy kept next to me. Where the hell am I?

I immediately got up from the bed and started to look for Lisa but she was nowhere to be found. Suddenly I heard a few voices coming from downstairs so I begin making my way towards the voices. I see Lisa standing with some man, both of them laughing like maniacs. I call for her and swiftly both turn around to look at me.

When I see the face of the boy, my happiness knew no bounds. I sprint and directly jump on him.

"You are back? How didn't I know about this?" I said while giving him a tight squeeze.

"Jennie. My neck hurts," he says.

I laugh and then pull back. I have missed him so much these past few years. "When did you come back?" I asked in an anticipated way.

"A few days ago. I was going to come to meet you but then I had this urgent work so I couldn't make it."

"Do mom and dad know that you are here?"

"No. I am going to surprise them."

"That would be amazing Tae," I said and hugged him again.

Tae had been living with us since he was in fifth grade. He lost his parents during a car accident and since then dad took his full responsibility. I still remember that dreadful day when I lost my most favourite uncle and aunt. It was Tae's birthday and they had gone out to get his gift but they never returned. Tae was completely heartbroken. Though he wasn't my real brother yet he meant much more than that to me. For a week, Lisa and I just stayed with him and tried to comfort him in every way possible but somethings just need time to heal. His life took a turn when he got an internship in Paris. He wasn't ready to leave but dad forced him to. We wanted him to have a fresh new start, away from the place which continuously reminded him of his parent's death. He still doesn't celebrate his birthday's but Lisa and I make sure to send him a gift every year.

"Where are you lost, Nini?" Lisa asked while snapping her fingers in front of me.

"Nothing, I just zoned out I guess," I replied with a smile.

"So? You liked my idea?"

"Why didn't you tell me that we were coming to meet Taeyung?"