Chapter 8

JENNIE

"Do you have any idea how much I hate Mark?" Chahee yelled on the phone.

"Calm down babes. You are hurting my ears," I said while holding the phone far away from my ears. I never knew that her high pitch voice could be so annoying.

"I am so angry at him Jennie," she said while vilifying Mark. Apparently, Mark ditched her for some hot girl. They weren't exactly in a relationship but she had started liking him and suddenly she realized that the only reason he hung out with her was to get laid and the moment he found a hotter girl, he left her.

"It's okay. Shit happens Cha." Those were the only words I could say to comfort her.

"Yes, I know, shit happens only with me," she said in a very low voice. I felt bad for her, but I didn't really know what to say. We have the same conversation almost every other week since Chahee keeps jumping from one guy to another.

"Anyways I am coming to pick you up so get that pretty ass of your's out of your bed and freshen up," she said abruptly in her cocky tone.

"But Lisa is coming to pick me up. You know she will be angry if I don't go with her."

"Lisa just texted me, she wanted me to pick you up."

"Why did she text you and not me?" I asked totally bewildered with Lisa's actions.

"I don't know. You can ask her later babe."

"Yeah. Okay."

"I'll be there in ten."

"Sure. I'll get changed by then," I said and hung up on her.

******

"Do you mean that Hazel is not dead? She is still alive?" Rosé asked me while we were discussing the movie 'Fault in our Star whilst waiting for our teacher to arrive.

"No Chaeng. I didn't mean that. I just think that though she is dead for everybody, she is still alive in Augustu's heart."

"I guess you are right. Do you remember what Augustus said? I'll fight it, I'll fight it for you. Don't you worry about me, Hazel Grace, I'm okay. I'll find a way to hang around and annoy you for a long time."

"So does that mean you love that movie too?"

"Of course Jennie. Who doesn't? I wish I could get a guy like Augustus."

"I wish the same too."

"Jennie, have you ever been in love?" Rosé popped that question out of the blue. The question startled me at first since I had never really talked about love with Rosé. These conversations were always with Chahee, Rosé and I just talked about casual stuff never something serious like this.

"Umm... I don't know," I said because presently I couldn't think clearly.

"What do you mean by I don't know? Didn't you and Lisa ever date?"

"Of course not Rosé. Lisa is just my best friend. I can never imagine dating her."

"But I always thought you guys secretly liked each other."

Woah! How come she never told me this before?

"What makes you say so Rosé?"