Chapter 49

LISA

I opened my eyes and saw my favourite person staring back at me. "Hey," she said with a soft smile.

"Jennie..." I said and got up to sit on my bed. "I'm so glad you are okay."

"Thank you for waking up," she said and offered me a glass of water. I took the glass from her hand.

"How many days have I stayed in this bed?"

"Five days."

"Wow! That's long enough," I replied and both of us fell into complete silence for the next few minutes. I didn't know what exactly to say to break the ice so I hoped for Jennie to speak first.

"Mr. Han is in the room right next to yours and So Hee is fine too. She got discharged this morning," she said and I nodded my head.

"Mr. Han be taken into custody once he recovers," she added and that's when I realized that she knows now that he was attempting to kill her.

"Who filed the complaint against him?"

"So Hee," she replied in a low voice and I was startled. I never expected that So Hee would do something like this to her father.

"She told me everything too," Jennie said and at this point, I didn't know how to react. Does she know the entire truth or just the part where Mr. Han tried to kill her?

"Are you not going to say something?" She asked and I just looked at her dumbfoundedly. The only person who knew the entire truth apart from me and Mr. Han and my dad, and there's no way he would have confessed about his affair to So Hee.

"I don't know what to say," I replied carefully because I still couldn't comprehend what exactly So Hee must have said to Jennie.

Suddenly she started crying and hugged me tightly. "You silly. You say all these mean things to me on my face and then go ahead and sacrifice your life for my happiness. I'm so glad So Hee told me everything because I know you never would have," she said between her sobs.

I was surprised after hearing her words. So Hee told her everything? How did she know? Did my dad truly confess everything to her? "What did So Hee tell you, Jennie?" I asked to confirm whether what I was assuming was really true.

"Uncle Siwon told everything to So Hee and she decided to share it with me too."

"Does that mean my mom knows about the affair?"

"Yes. She's pretty upset with Uncle Siwon. He's staying at the hotel for now."

I didn't know what to feel at that moment. I had never reckoned that the truth would come out someday. I had somehow managed to convince myself that this is how my life was always going to be - So Hee and Sophie were the people I needed to take care of and Jennie would never be a part of my future.

I suddenly realized that if So Hee decided to share everything with Jennie, that certainly meant she wanted us to get back together otherwise why on earth would she tell Jennie the truth? Does this mean I could finally be with Nini again?

"Where are you lost?"

"Umm... I feel like a piece of enormous baggage has just got off my back," I replied which brought a smile on her face.