Chapter 18

JENNIE

"Did you just say that you hate Liam Hemsworth?" I said on the top of my voice so that everyone sitting around us could hear, I know I was being dramatic but sometimes being dramatic is fun.

"I didn't say I hate him but I'm not a great fan too." Kai said in a rather calm tone, he was way too embarrassed with all the stares we were getting from the people around.

"How can you say that? Liam Hemsworth is love."

"That's just for girls. How do you expect me to fall in love with him?"

"Everyone loves him. You are just the weird one."

"Okay you need to lower your voice Jennie. Everyone is looking at us right now." Though Kai was saying the truth about the people staring us but I didn't really care because we were seated in a cafe on the outskirts of the city where anyone hardly knew who we were.

"Who cares? I don't know these people."

"You don't know them but I do. I come here almost every other day."

"Alone?"

"Yes. It gives me time to think."

"Wow. Then I'll join you too from now on."

"No. I don't need company. I come here because I need some time away from the people."

"Ouch. You are hurting my feelings Kai."

"So dramatic you are. Even today I wanted to be here alone but you forced me to bring you along."

"That's because school is boring and I needed a change of environment."

"Yeah yeah I understand. Anything else you want to eat?"

"Can we order chessy fries? The side table just ordered it and it looks really tasty."

This made Kai laugh so much that he couldn't even speak for a few minutes. His face had turned all red and I was just wondering what was wrong.

"You are cute sometimes." He said after his hysterical laughing came to a stop.

"I'm cute all the time." I said and put my tongue out.

"Now eat fast. I need to go for the rehearsals soon."

"Oh yes! How's your practice going?"

"Pretty good. How about you?"

"I practice every night. I hope we both get selected in the coming round."

"Yes I hope so too. But..."

"But what?" I asked

"Have you ever thought about this? What if we have to compete against each other in the final face off?"

"Okay I don't want to talk about that." I said because I hadn't really given a thought to this, competing with Kai would be so difficult.

Whoever wins, one of us will surely be disappointed about the other.

"Yes I think you are right." He said and started chewing his food. The atmosphere around us got really awkward so I randomly asked him, "Were you always passionate about singing?"

"I was three when I first tried playing the guitar."

"I don't know to play any instruments yet." I said