Chapter 21

LISA

"Run Lisa. The ball is coming towards you." I heard the coach yell on the top of his voice.

I started running towards the ball as fast as I could but I couldn't reach on time and we lost the golden opportunity of making a goal.

"What's wrong with you Manoban. Where's your mind today? Concentrate on the game." Coach yelled again.

"Are you okay Lisa? You seem a little distracted." Jisoo asked with a concerned look in her eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine. You guys practice, I'm going to take a little break." I said and started walking towards the bleachers to take a seat.

The moment I took a seat coach came running towards me and in his shrewd voice said, "Manoban what's wrong with you? Tomorrow we have a big game and I don't want my best player to play like this tomorrow."

"I'm sorry coach. I don't know what's wrong."

"50 laps."

"What?"

"You heard me right Manoban! 50 laps of the ground. Come back only when you figure out what's wrong with you." He said and went to see how the teammates were playing.

I got up and started to jog around the ground, simultaneously I kept thinking why I was so distracted today. After a few laps I knew what was wrong. Tae, He was the reason for this. I couldn't concentrate on my game because of the stupid talk I had with him this morning. He had called me home for breakfast so I agreed to it, little did I know about his actual intentions.

*Flashback*

"So strawberry or vannila what do you want?" Tae asked with a cheerful smile on his face.

"Vanilla will be good." I replied

"Cool."

"Where's Nini? I thought she would join us for breakfast too."

"Well I sent her early to school today because I needed to talk to you."

"Talk to me? About what?"

"About Jennie."

"Why? What's wrong? The last time we met she was perfectly normal. Did something happen Tae?"

"No. She's doing fine. It's just that.."

"Just what?"

"How long are you going to pretend as if everything is normal between you two?" Tae said and for a second I was actually surprised because I couldn't understand what he was trying to say.

"I don't understand anything."

"I know you love my sister Lisa. I can clearly see it in your eyes. The only thing I don't understand is that why don't you just tell her about it."

"Tae I don't know what you are talking about."

"Please Lisa stop acting like a kid and just be a woman up to tell her about your feelings."

"I don't have any feelings for her."

"Someone else would believe you but not me Lisa. I know how much you care for her and she feels the same way about you, it's just that you both aren't ready to accept this."