PROLOGUE

Malina Ashwood

Malina was no stranger to tragedy. How could she? She saw it every night in her dreams. The future, the past. Malina had seen some of the worst realities a person can experience. Gods at their lowest, humans at their worst. She supposed she could choose to blame the fates or mabey even her mother.

Her mother was, as you could say, the root of all her problems. Her mother, who was never a part of her life. Sometimes, when she was younger, her aunt would let some information slip. From what she gathered her mother's hair was black and long, and every time her mother would step into the sun, the sun would seem to shine brighter giving her an ethereal glow, making her look divine. Which Malina supposed was true, she was a goddess after all.

She never dreamed of sweets, new toys, or Ice cream. She dreamed of tragedy.
The future never is kind, especially to demigods.

Her story started long before she was born. The pages of her life were written long before she could even breathe, bound until Melina was old enough to understand her dreams, and even then some still stuck together, concealed by the Fates.

Malina always imagined everyone's life as a book, some stained, containing stories worth a life, some waiting to be written others already on their last page. It was never easy knowing the future. But she learned to live like that. Always knowing what was to come, what to expect. Still, it was never easy knowing. As many say, knowledge is power.

She knew she was a demigod by the time she was 7, she found out the hard way, learning there was a Prophecy concerning her when she was 12 and knowing what was to happen the moment she stepped into Westover Hall.

In hindsight, Melina knew exactly what was going to happen the moment a Satyr showed up at her school.

*.✧*.✧*.✧*.✧*. be the sun ✧*.✧*.✧*.✧*.✧