CHAPTER II

Malina Ashwood

Malina was annoyed.

Why didn't Percy ask for help? Why had he come after the Monster all by himself? She knew they would make it out alive,
but that still didn't mean she wanted to be near any Monster, escpeacially Dr.Thorn. She had, had her fair share of Monsters, but nothing dangerous. She didn't have a strong scent, her mother was a minor Goddess.

They continued down the Hallway, and every so often she would feel Percys gaze burning in her back.

She was about to responde to his gaze, when she heard Nico whimer, scared. A sense of protectevness overcame her and befor she knew it she had grabbed Nico and pushed him behind her.

Dr.Thorn turned in their direction his gaze full of anger. Before Dr. Thorn could do anything to her and Nico, Percy had stepped infront of them. "leave them alone"he said facing Dr.Thorn head on.
Dr. Thorn only growled befor grabbing onto Nico once again and pushing the group forwards.

"Thank you for coming out of the gym," he said. "I hate middle school dances." Percy tried to swing his sword again, but he was just out of reach Percy's reach.
WHIIIISH! A second projectile shot from somewhere behind Dr. Thorn. He didn't appear to move. It was as if someone invisible were standing behind him, throwing knives.

Malina looked behind her trying to see where it came, befor turning around in alarm, after hearing Bianca let out a scream.

The second thorn impaled itself in the stone wall, half an inch from her face.
"All four of you will come with me," Dr. Thorn said. "Quietly. Obediently. If you make a single noise, if you call out for help or try to fight, I will show you just how accurately I can throw."

Malina didn't know what kind of Monster Dr. Thorn was, but he was fast

"What are you doing, Jackson?" hissed Dr. Thorn at Percy. "Keep moving!"
He oppend his eyes and kept shuffling forward. "It's my shoulder," Percy said next to her. "It burns."
Malina glanzed over at him trying to figure out if he was telling the trouth, and if he was ok, or would need emidet medical attention.

"Bah! My poison causes pain. It will not kill you. Walk!" answeared Dr.Throrn pushing the four of them thurder through the school and into an clearing.

"Halt," Thorn said.
The woods had opened up. They had reached a cliff overlooking the sea. Malina new that from her dreams. She had seen a Creture falling down their, most likley to their death... She could hear the waves churning and she could smell the cold salty froth. But all Malina could see were mist and darkness.

Dr. Thorn pushed them toward the edge. Next to her Percy stumbled, but she caught him by his shirt and helped sstedy him. "Thanks," He murmured.

"What is he?" Bianca whispered. "How do we fight him?"
"I... I'm working on it." Percy replied looking Stressed. Instictavly her hand reached for her Sunflower Charm on her belt loop. The metal cold in her fingers she traced the petels with her finger's ready to turn it into a wepon at anny given moments.

"I'm scared," Nico mumbled. He was fiddling with something—a little metal toy soldier of some kind.
"Stop talking!" Dr. Thorn said. "Face me!"
Malina turned.

Thorn's two-tone eyes glittered hungrily. He pulled something from under his coat. At first glanze Malina thought it was a switchblade, but it was only a phone. He pressed the side button and said, "The package—it is ready to deliver."

Next to her Percy glanced behind her, where she knew the sea was, wondering how far the drop was.
Dr. Thorn laughed. "By all means, Son of Poseidon. Jump!There is the sea. Save yourself."
"What did he call you?" Bianca muttered looking at Malina for guidence.