CHAPTER VII

Malina Ashwood

Malina felt the grip on her hand tighten as Percy pulled her into the direction of what she presumed was the cabin she would be staying at. Thalia had pulled Nico outside, taking him to the Hermes cabin, leaving her alone with Percy.

As she walked through camp her thought started to spiral. Would her cabin mates like her? Would they think it's weird that she's staying with them, although she isn't a daughter of Aphrodite, and just a legacy?

"And that's the volleyball-"
She felt Percy stop making her halt in her step.

"Are you even listening to what I'm saying? Look i get it's a lot to take in- Is it something else?" He looked at her face, trying to figure out what was causing her distraction.

Malina wasn't sure how she should react. It had always been her to carry everything. Alone.

"Look it's nothing." One look at his face and she knew, he knew, she was lying.
"Really, I'm fine. I'm just worried about my aunt", not a complete lie. She knew her aunt wouldn't be able to take care of herself.

Percy didn't seem to buy her lie, but he seemed to realize that she didn't want to talk about it. Instead he continued walking, showing her his favorite spots around camp.

Percy stopped in front of the most pink cabin she had ever seen. It was well-think of the most pink thing you can imagine- and it'd still be pinker.

"So that's it" Percy paused, just now noticing her nervousness. "You don't have to be scared, or nervous. I don't really know anyone personally, but i know that you're going to be fine" he gave her hand a small squeeze before letting go of it, and knocking on the pink door.

What must have only been seconnds felt like hours for Malina. As the door finally opened she saw the most beautiful girl she'd ever seen. "Percy, what are you doing here? Do you want a face mask? You could do it together with Annabeth! That would be so romantic."

The girl paused, and then looked at her, seemingly just having realized she was there aswell.

"And who are you? Are you new her? I'm Selina, daughter of Aphrodite. Can I help you?" Selina gave the girl a warn smile, and causing some of her nerves to ease.

"That's Malina Ashwood" Percy introduced her. "She was just claimed as a legacy of Aphrodite, and Chiron told her she would be able to stay here till she was claimed. Is that ok with you?"

Selina didn't hesitate to pull Malina into a tight hug, nearly strangling her. "Ohhhh, I'm going to be the BEST aunt there is! And ofcours you can stay here. The others will be very exited aswell! Come inside!" she took a hold of Malina's arm dragging her inside having completely forgotten about Percy.

At fist Malina was overwhelmed with the inside of the cabin. It was neatly tided, makeup and heels stood everywhere, and it smelled overwhelmingly like Parfum, making her disy.

"Who's that Selina? Did you make a new friend?" a tall asian girl asked. "Not a new friend, but our niece! Lina's a legacy of Aphrodite! She's going to live here! To you want to share a bunk with her? I know you hate not having a bunkmate, Drew."

Malina stiffened for a second, not quite comfortable in the situation. Before anyone could notice she willed her shoulders to relax, and let a mask of calm fall over her face.

The Asian girl, Drew, nodded her head and pulled Malina into a tight hug. "We're going to be best friends! What's your name? I'm Drew Tanaka!"

"Malina Ashwood, nice to meet you" Malina gave Drew a small smile, happy to have gained a new friend.