CHAPTER VI

Malina Ashwood

Malina wasn't surprised, she knew Camp Half-Blood had the ultimate magic climate control. Nothing gets inside the borders unless the director, Mr. D, wants it to.

Evelyn looked around. She had seen Camp half-blood in her dreams. She knew it was pretty, but as she looked around she knew it was beautiful.

In the distance she saw the canoeing lake, where nymphs were poking their head out of the water, playing with the snow. In the distance, she saw a huge fire to which a young girl was tending.

As if feeling her gaze, Hestia looked in her direction. Slowly lifting her hand she waved, offering the goddess a small smile.

In the distance, she saw cabins, which were even more beautiful in reality. They were decorated with tiny flickering lights, like Christmas lights, except they seemed to be balls of a real fire.

Malina could see more lights glowed in the woods, reminding her of fireflies.

Tearing her gaze away from the little light she smiled. She already felt at home.

"Whoa," Nico said as he climbed off the bus. "Is that a climbing wall?" Malina had to suppress a shiver as she took off her scarf. She quickly made her way towards Nico dragging him towards her, wrapping her scarf around his neck while muttering. "Nico, where is your winter jacket? I don't want you to get sick!"

"Yeah," Percy said.
"Why is there lava pouring down it?" Nico questioned tearing himself away, shaking Malina off.

"Little extra challenge. Come on. I'll introduce both of you to Chiron. Zoé, have you met—"
"I know Chiron," Zoe said stiffly. "Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me."
"I'll show you the way," Grover offered. "We know the way." A huntress replied, giving Grover a dirty look.

"Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here if you don't"—he tripped over a canoe and came up still talking—"like my old daddy goat used to say! Come on!"
Zoe rolled her eyes, but Malina knew she figured there was no getting rid of Grover.

The Hunters shouldered their packs and their bows and headed off toward the cabins. As Bianca di Angelo was leaving, she leaned over and whispered something into Nico's ear. She looked at him for an answer, but Nico just scowled and turned away.

Malina started making her way after Nico to comfort him. If she was honest, Bianca's decision to join the hunters hurt. She got why she had done it. She had considered it, but she knew that even if she wanted, she could/would never leave Nico. She loved him. She loved both of them.

She had met the die Angelo's roughly half a year prior, at the beginning of the school year. She had taken the di Angelo's under her wing. She knew they were demigods. She didn't know who their godly parent is, but she wouldn't let that change how she felt about them. She knew they were orphans so she took on a motherly role. She was there for Bianca when she had her first Period, she comforted Nico when he scraped his knee. She knew Bianca and Nico looked up to her.

Malina didn't know why, but Bianca's decision to join the hunters felt like she had lost the girl forever, which didn't make sense, the girl was Immortal now. But her gut told her something was wrong. It was the same feeling in her gut she had had the day her dad died and her cousin left her alone with her crazed aunt.