Chapter 35: Sunshine

You flung yourself on the floor, wishing you could fling yourself into space, completely exhausted with packing up your loft. It was getting to be late in the afternoon, and thankfully, you were almost finished. Cate offered to pay for a moving company, and although you didn't want her to spend the money, she insisted, of course, and so, they were coming tomorrow. You were going to be an official member of the Blanchett household in less than 24 hours, and you couldn't be more ecstatic.

When you told Julianne that Cate asked you the question, she had some reservations, as any mother would, but you assured her this was the best thing for you. Cate was your person, she was the individual you were meant to spend the rest of your life with, no matter how fast or slow your relationship developed.

The last thing you had to pack up was your closet. Cate got you these fancy boxes that had a bar on the inside where clothes could hang, just so you didn't have to fold everything. It was so simple yet such luxury. When you moved to California it was more of a throw everything in the car and get on the road as soon as possible situation. You didn't even have two quarters to rub together, more or less some fancy boxes.

You started to stand back up from the floor when your phone rang. You immediately jumped up, assuming it was Cate, but instead, it was a number from California that you didn't recognize.

You answered, "Hello?"

The voice returned, "Hi there! May I speak to y/n y/l/n, please?"

"This is she," you said, attempting not to sound confused.

"Hi, y/n. My name is Bryce Williams. How're you doing today?"

"I'm doing well," you replied simply.

"That's good to hear. I apologize if I am interrupting anything, but the reason I'm calling is to speak with you about setting up a meeting with Gary Ross. Ms. Blanchett contacted Mr. Ross about the opportunity of obtaining a position on his writing team for an upcoming project. He would like to have a conversation with you at your earliest convenience."

Mr. Who? An upcoming what? Your head started to spin with excitement at the thought.

"Oh my goodness, um, thank you for calling. Wow, okay. I-I, um, I can arrange to be available tomorrow morning?"

Bryce proceeded to ask, "Would 10 a.m. work for you?"

You affirmed, "10 a.m. is great!"

"Fantastic. Would you be able to provide me with an email so that I can forward you the building location and parking information?"

"Of course," you said, going on to give your contact details.

"Thank you so much. The meeting is going to be rather informal, so please, do not stress. Do you have any questions for me?"

"Do I need to bring a resume or anything like that?"

"If you have one available, but if not, don't worry about it," Bryce confirmed in an upbeat tone.

"Okay," you said, letting out an extended breath.

"If you don't have any more questions for me, I will send you an email shortly. Mr. Ross sends his best to Cate, and looks forward to speaking with you."

You expressed gratitude for the call and promptly hung up. You then immediately tapped on Cate's contact, eager to tell her what just happened, although you presumed she already had some idea.

She picked up after the second ring, "Hi, pretty girl. Are you on your way home?"

You paused for a moment, taking in the fact that she just called her house your home.