Preparations

"You're tornado-ing the flowers! The flowers!" Felix exclaims towards Pepa, who had a tornado begin to take form when she began to feel anxious about Antonio's day being perfect.

As she begins to calm down, Isabela comes down gracefully on vines. "Did someone say flowers?" People begin to wow in awe.

You turn around to see Mirabel, who you were helping to carry the decorations, giving her older sister an annoyed look. Snickering, you walk away into the kitchen where her parents were. One who looked completely bloated you might add. "Ay! What happened?" You exclaim, putting down a basket.

Agustin sighs, "Bee stings.." Mirabel walks in, Julieta gasping at the rather large basket in the arms of her youngest daughter. Once they start pestering Mirabel about how she has 'nothing to prove,' you leave the area. It kinda would have been awkward if you were just standing there so you walked out.

"Clean your rooms! I don't care how big they are!" You hear Alma in the distance as you walk through the casita. You found your mama also contributing to set up the decorations. You stood by her, watching her help and occasionally handing things to her.

A few minutes later, Camilo comes running up to you. "Hermosa! My favorite person in the world!" he exclaims, a wide grin on his face.

You raise an eyebrow at the boy. "Que quieres?"

"Can you help me clean my room? It's huge! There's no way I'm getting it clean by the time the ceremony starts alone." he says, his grin dropping to a frown.

You disapprovingly shake your head. " 'Milo I've told you several times that you should clean it. Now look, the mess got bigger and there's more for you to pick up."

"Por favor" he says pouting.

How could you say no to that face?

Sighing, you walk past him and towards his room. "Well come on now. Your room isn't gonna clean itself." He quickly catches up to you, smiling and putting an arm around your shoulder as he thanks you.

  "Yeah yeah, I'm not gonna help you clean anymore after this. Maybe then you'll learn to actually listen to me." You scoff as you both reach his room. "Yeah you said that last time.." Camilo mutters under his breath, opening the door.

You didn't hear him, however, instead walking into the mess that is Camilo's bedroom.

You could have sworn it got dirtier since you were in there the day prior.

Shaking your head you begin to pick up some clothes he didn't bother folding into his drawers. "Come on 'Milo! I'm not doing this for you while you stand there and look pretty." You say without a thought behind it. "Oh so I'm pretty?" He smugly grins.

You continue to fold clothes and put them in their proper place nonchalantly. "If that's what you want to believe."

Oh you knew for a fact he was pretty. The prettiest boy you've ever seen. But of course, you can't let him know that.

"Mmm.. I'm taking that as a yes."  He shrugs, still smiling.

Rolling your eyes at him, you gesture towards the other pile of clothes he had near his mirrors. Picking up on the signal to clean that area, he groans, unwillingly walking to the pile with his shoulders slouched. His shoulders always were slouched. The boy has terrible posture.

After maybe a minute of folding his clothes he begins to complain. "I'm bored."

"Too bad. Unless you want Alma to scold your ear off about not doing what she asked you to, I suggest you pick those up." He sighs, walking towards one of his desks. "Let's play some music then." You knew it was a bad idea, you two would always get lost in the music. If he turned it on he would get distracted for sure.

But the room was awfully quiet while you two were folding the clothes. A little music can't hurt too much.

He turns on the radio, one of the songs you both like beginning to play. You both begin to move to the beat. Although unlike Camilo, you continued to clean.

The music definitely kept you both entertained, but you had to keep him on track by reminding him to keep folding his white button-up shirts.

You manged to get most of it done by the time Antonio's ceremony was to begin. Since the room was so big and there were things thrown around everywhere, it would have taken someone with a gift of quick cleaning to get the room cleaned in time.

Also maybe the fact you and Camilo stopped to dance with each other for 10 minutes played a factor in why the room wasn't completely cleaned up.

Camilo threw the left over clothes under his bed. It wasn't ideal but he had to cover it up somehow.

"We only have around 20 minutes and we haven't even gotten ready yet!" You exclaim, helping to toss clothes under the bed. "I'm already ready" He shrugs.

He was wearing his usual white button-up shirt, black pants and his yellow, chameleon printed ruana. "Your gonna wear that? 'Milo it's your brother's gift ceremony you can't wear the same thing you wear everyday." He gives you a sort of un-impressed look. "My sister and primas are gonna wear their regular clothes too, so it doesn't really matter."

You shake your head at him before turning around and walking towards the door. "Well unlike you, I'm going to go change for the occasion." You walked out and headed straight to your home.

Your mama was already there when you arrived. "Mama you should have called me when you came home to get ready" you sigh. "Sorry mi vida, pero you were spending time with Camilo. I didn't want to interupt you two." She chuckles.

Both yours and Camilo's mothers always wanted you both to end up together. As opposite gendered best friends, it was kind of a given.

"As if I'm not always spending time with him," you say, walking up the stairs and into your bedroom.

You already had your dress laid on your bed, a yellow dress. Pepa had made it for you to match her side of the family and insisted you wore it today. You knew it was a representation of believing you were eventually going to marry into the Madrigals, to Camilo to be exact, but you pretended to be oblivious to that. You didn't really mind that Pepa wanted you to be her future daughter-in-law, you've had feelings for the boy for years now. Unless of course, they were going overboard with trying to set you two up. Having a crush on Camilo for so long taught you how to hide it well. He doesn't have the slightest idea.

It's probably best to keep it that way, you wouldn't want to lose your best friend.

words: 1123