Jealously

Camilo eyed the two of you as you walked away, annoyed that you just left him to be with Sergio.

"Um, Camilo?" He turns back to the group of girls that were standing in his presence.

He blinks, staring at the girl who just called his name. "I asked if you wanted to hang out with me today," she repeated, her friends giggling behind her.

Usually, he would reject offers like these, but maybe this would be a great opportunity to give you a taste of your own medicine.

"Sure."

The girl squealed, clinging onto Camilo's arm. "So where do you want to go?" she asked, looking up at him.

"The bakery?" Camilo really wanted to go with you, but you went with Sergio to do Dios knows what, so he was going to go with a new girl.

They both walked to their destination, taking a seat at one of the outside tables per Camilo's request after getting their pastries

It was then he realized he didn't even know this girl's name.

"Hey uh, did you ever tell me your name?" He sheepishly asks, rubbing the back of his neck. The girl forcefully giggles, "Of course, I did amor! Right before I asked you to go out with me today. Unless you weren't paying attention," she frowns.

Camilo shakes his head. "Sorry, must have spaced out during that bit."

"Sofia," she says, then smiling at him.

He nods, "Nice to meet you Sofia"

Taking a bite out of his tres leches cake, Camilo notices you walking with Sergio.

You both had a basket in your hands. He watched as you gestured to a flower bouquet, Sergio shaking his head.

You sighed as you shrugged your shoulders, happening to turn to the direction Camilo was sitting.

He noticed this, turning before you saw he was looking and deciding to take action.

He scoots closer to Sofia, reaching toward her. "Hey, you have a little something there." No, she didn't. He wiped off the invisible icing, Sofia giggling at the action. "Gracias 'Milo"

You turned away, not wanting to give any reaction, much to Camilo's disappointment.

In all honesty, Camilo didn't know why he was being so petty about this. Sure he was upset you were choosing someone over him, he knew that much. But why was he mentally making such a big deal about it? Besides, you're just a friend.

He subconsciously scoffs, slouching back into his chair and catching the attention of Sofia. "Uh, Camilo... estas bien?"

"Mhm," he begrudgingly mumbles.

___________________

Finally reaching his much-desired bed, he throws himself atop of it, letting out a frustrated groan.

Dolores, getting annoying with Camilo's state, walks up to his doorframe. He was so in need of his bed he didn't bother to close the door.

She approaches her younger brother, who was faced down and was too busy sulking to realize she was there.

" 'Milo" he jumps at her words, then goes back to his position.

Dolores sighs, taking a seat right next to him.

"You're being extra gloomy today. Que paso?"

Camilo and Dolores were always really close. If he wasn't with you he was attached to Dolores's hip.

"It sounds stupid, it really does." he warns, turning to face her. "It's fine, just tell me what's bothering you so much."

He hesitates before finally explaining. "So um... have you ever had someone who you spent all of your attention on one another at all times, and then they suddenly say they have a crush on someone and now always is with said crush?"

Dolores smiles, lowering her head. "I did actually, I get what you're going through. When your crush has a crush on someone else-"

"What? No" Camilo cuts her off. "I don't have a crush on her" Dolores raises her brows. "It's obvious to everyone but yourselves that you have a crush on each other."

Camilo shakes his head. "I don't have a crush on her. She doesn't have a crush on me. Besides even if I did like her she likes senor perfecto Sergio. Which is totally ridiculous by the way. She just met the guy like a month ago. I've known her her entire life so why does he-"

"Camilo it sounds like you're jealous."

He furrows his brows at the absurd accusation. "No, I'm not."

"You clearly are."

"Am not."

He sits up, crossing his arms in defense.

Dolores giggles at his denial, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "It's okay to be jealous you know. It's normal."

He huffs in frustration, blowing a strand of hair away from his face simultaneously. "Just because I'm upset she's with someone that isn't me doesn't mean I-" He pauses, re-evaluating the words that were coming out of his mouth. "..Okay, I'm jealous. But still, your claim of me having a crush on her isn't true."

" 'Milo I've literally heard you mumble her name in your sleep."

This shocks Camilo, causing his eyes to widen. "I- w-what? When?" Dolores removes her hand off his shoulder, smiling at him.

"Maybe like 2 months ago? I don't know but it was fairly recent."

Camilo groans, throwing himself backward and onto the bed again.

"You like her, don't you?" she asks, resulting in addition to Camilo's frustration. "No. Yes? I don't know!" He covers his face which was now heating up. He never questioned this before, but now that he was his feelings were confusing him.

Dolores snickers at her lovesick brother, glad that the time finally came when he acknowledged his feelings.

"You're the only one that knows for certain Camilo. They're your feelings after all."

Camilo was extremely confused. Did he have a crush on you? He always admired your traits, whether they were those of personality or physical, so he wouldn't be surprised if he did.

But still, he didn't know.

He didn't respond to Dolores, instead staring at the ceiling in pure silence as he contemplated everything. She gave him an affectionate peck on the forehead before walking out, understanding what he was going through.

Camilo sighed deeply. He thought about if he should talk to you about this or not. He decided not to. You told him yourself you had a crush on Sergio, not him. Bringing up romantic feelings between the two of you might ruin your friendship. And he wasn't about to do that.

words: 1067