Mishaps

"Mama has already caught wind of this and is pretty upset, but I'm going to be reasonable and give you time to explain yourself... your time starts now." Dolores states with her arms crossed. Her disappointment was visible.

She raises her brows in a 'I'm waiting' manner when Camilo doesn't speak. "I don't even know why I did what I did Dol..."

His response caused a sigh from his hermana. Dolores walked towards her bed and took a seat, then patting the empty seat next to her.

Camilo walks over with his head hung low, resentfully sitting down. "I know it was wrong, I shouldn't have done it. I just wanted to spend time with her. Not like I don't anyway, but it's different with Sergio. I mean she has a crush on him. I guess I just wanted to see what it felt for her to..."

He pauses, not fully understanding where he was going with this.

"Have a crush on you?" Dolores finishes. Camilo nods his head silently, looking up at her.

Dolores gives him a soft smile.

"Which is kinda funny.. because honestly there wasn't much of a difference. She's really good at hiding her feelings." Dolores manages to stifle a laugh at his comment.

"Well.." she starts, shifting her entire body towards him. "Before you can do anything else about this, you have to come to terms with your feelings 'Milo. I've told you this so many times but you actually have to do it. Im sick of you denying your feelings for her, and there isn't much to do until you accept it yourself."

Camilo stood silent, trying to process what his older sister was saying.

She was right. He was trying to deny his feelings. He knew they were there. He's been knowing that he, Camilo Madrigal, is completely and utterly head over heals for you, his best friend. But he knew you didn't feel the same way. You like Sergio, you told him yourself. Why hurt himself and your friendship more when he could just act like the feelings don't exist?

"Yeah Dol. I like her. I really, really like her." He finally confesses.

Dolores lets out a breath and a wide smile. "What took you so long?" She giggles.

Camilo felt better now that he admitted he likes you. He felt like a weight was lifted off his chest.

"Well how do I fix this? She already knows I lied. She's gonna ask me all these questions I honestly don't know the answers to." He frowns.

"Hey now, don't complain about the situation you put yourself in. Although honestly I think the best thing you can do is talk to her. And be completely honest. And while you're at it, confess your feelings for her."

Camilo's eyes widen as he shakes his head. "No, no, no. I can't do that. She doesn't feel the same way. If I tell her she's gonna grow distant. She's never gonna speak to me again. Our friendship will be ruined. I cant lose her. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me. Como voy a vivir? No puedo imaginar como seguiria-"

" 'Milo calm down." Dolores slightly chuckles pulling the boy that stood up right back down. At this point Camilo was pacing back and forth as he was rambling.

He looks at her with an expression that makes her heart sore. As much of a prankster that he is, his feelings were far from a prank. She could tell he was really frustrated with his actions, and that he wanted nothing more than to make things right.

"You don't have to confess if you aren't ready, but you do have to talk to her about your issues." Camilo knew Dolores was right, so with that he nodded and stood back up. "Yeah... I'll be right back."

____________________

"He's not in here!" You yell to Sergio after opening your bedroom door. "I told you he'd get embarrassed and leave." You sigh as Sergio finally reaches you.