Crush

"Wait so you're telling me that he had a meltdown over an arepa?" Sergio chuckles in disbelief. You and Camilo were telling him about the arepa-wedding situation.

You nod, smiling. "In my defense she broke my heart!" Camilo exclaims, arms in the air as, he too, laughed.

"He also had a meltdown when I said his sister was pretty." Sergio tilts his head, confused. Picking up on this you add, "He said she was stealing me from him, and that I'm supposed to say he's pretty and not her. He was a jealous child back then." You say that last part while nudging Camilo slightly.

He shook his head, a slight smile on his face. "I grew out of it." Sergio laughs, before said sister walks in.

"Heard you guys were talking about me? Mucho gusto Sergio" He waves at her, Camilo turning around. "All good things Dolores. All good things. What's up?"

"Mami was calling you. I'm pretty sure you aren't in trouble though so don't worry about that. " Camilo nods, standing up. "I'll be right back" Dolores waves to you before closing the door and following her younger brother.

You stood up looking around the room. "Dios mio, he actually cleaned." You mutter, looking under the bed. Your eyes widen to see that the clothes that were thrown the day before were now gone. "I take it he doesn't clean his room often?" Sergio asks.

You shake your head, standing up. "I love him, but his room is always the equivalent of a dumpster." You look around again, noticing his closet door opened. You walk over, seeing the many pairs of the classic yellow ruana he always wore.

The temptation of grabbing one got the best over you. You carefully take one off the hanger, hearing Sergio's voice in the background. "What are you doing?"

You swiftly put it on you. Camilo was a bit taller so it was longer than it would be on him. "I'm Camilo!" You exclaim walking in front of Sergio who was sitting. "You should have seen your face hermosa. It was priceless" You repeat the words Camilo had said a few hours ago in a mocking tone. Sergio began to laugh, adding even more fuel to the fire.

Looking down at the piece of clothing that draped over your figure, you sharply turn to the side. You watched the fabric sway as you turned.

Camilo's ruana was really comfortable. It was understandable why he wore one everyday. Wearing his clothing was a once in a while thought, but this was the first time you were acting on it.

Now it was difficult to disagree with your mama about looking good in yellow.

You then do Camilo's pose, the one he did yesterday when the Madrigals were taking the family photo, giggling. Sergio continued to laugh with you, complementing your amazing impressions of the shapeshifter.

"Jose!" you exclaim, spinning just as he did when he shifted into Jose. "Well this is something I'd never thought I'd walk in on. I must say, your impressions of me are pretty good. But you should add more emphasis on that turn. Like this. " You quickly turn around to see Camilo walking towards you, stopping to copy what you were doing. Except this time, actually shifting into Jose. 

You remove his ruana rapidly. "Sorry 'Milo.. I should have asked." He shakes his head before turning back into himself, grabbing onto the clothing that was in you hand. "You can wear them whenever you want, I don't mind. Sadly the Guzmans are here, so I'm afraid I must return my package."

Isabela's proposal was taking place tonight, and of course it was a family event. 

"We've been here that long?  Well then I'll see you soon" you hug Camilo, Sergio standing up to leave with you "Send my congratulations to Isa for me." you say before the three of you said your goodbyes.

Sergio and you begin to walk back to your house, he was walking you home. You both were rambling on whatever came to mind, laughing along the way. 

"How do you think the wedding is gonna look like?" Sergio asks, turning to you for your response. "Oh flowers everywhere for sure" you laugh. "You're gonna be there?" he questions. "Of course! I wouldn't miss any of the Madrigal events. Including their weddings. Besides it's not like I could miss it even if I wanted to, I'm Camilo's plus one." 

"Make sure you catch the bouquet" He snickers, elbowing you slightly. "No thanks, I don't think I'm ready for marriage at 15." You both giggle, getting to the stairs of your front door.

Saying goodbye, you enter your home. You and your mama ate dinner as she asked about the boy that had just walked you home. "So mija, who was that you were walking with?" 

"A new friend, met him yesterday during Antonio's ceremony. His name's Sergio." She nods, not asking anymore questions. You stood up, placing your dishes in the sink before saying goodnight to your mama. 

Rushing into your room, you throw on your pajamas. Sleep was calling your name and you didn't hesitate to throw yourself onto your bed. You laid there, awaiting to engulf in sleep. 

Camilo's words kept replaying in your head.

"You can wear them whenever you want, I don't mind."

You sigh, flipping around to lay on your stomach. "This stupid crush is getting worse by the day.."

  ______________________

Isabela's proposal was an utter disaster. 

It got out from Dolores that Mirabel snuck into Bruno's tower and found his vison. The vision being casita breaking while Mirabel stood in front. Seemingly showcasing that Mirabel was going to destroy the miracle.

Dolores and Camilo went back to Dolores's room after the entire or deal. Isabela was in her room, furious. Dolores was listening to her letting her anger out on a poor vase and Luisa bawling about her gift fading.

Even without a gift of super hearing, Camilo was able to hear the commotion going on downstairs. Their abuela and tio Agustin were being fairly loud for a minute or two.

Eventually the voices died down and the pair of siblings sat in silence no longer than a few seconds. Suddenly, Dolores perks her head up, leaving Camilo confused. She tilts her head, listening to something outside a window. Camilo quickly goes up to the window, trying to hear what made his sister's head jolt up so quickly. As expected, he couldn't hear anything. His hermana smirks at what she was hearing, Camilo furrowing his brows.

"A stupid crush hm?"

words: 1080