Chapter 16

Chapter 16

The next morning I woke up with a memory of the TARDIS. My TARDIS.

His TARDIS.

I'd completely forgotten my sorrow over Sean, my mother, father, and Twinn, my older brother. Now I stumbled out of my room, looking around.

"Hello, girl. Nice to see you again." She blew a gust of warm air my way and I laughed, walking out to the front. "Doctor! Doctor, can I take us somewhere?"

He gave me a suspicious look. "You don't know how to drive; you'll hurt her."

"I don't think so, considering you failed your driver's exam and I didn't. Sorry I let him drive you like that, darling." I patted the console.

"What do you remember now?" Rose asked.

"I remember that Seers were never supposed to be licensed, but when the war started, I got mine. Then I got a TARDIS, and then it was stolen."

Crossing my arms, I looked at straight at the Doctor and said, "TARDIS, show me the first regeneration of your previous owner."

A hologram appeared, of a twenty-year-old with red hair and dark eyes. She looked eerily similar to Sean, which told me I was right. It was me.

The Doctor stared, then stumbled and fell to the ground below, still staring at the hologram.

"Doctor? Breanne?" Rose seemed panicked. "What's going on?"

The Doctor pulled his eyes from the hologram and looked at me. There were tears in his eyes. "It-it can't..."

I smiled; my eyes were watering too. I didn't know what was causing him to react like this, but he must have known me. Suddenly tears started rolling down his cheeks and he rubbed them off.

Rose walked over to me, but didn't say anything. We watched the Doctor, curious about his reaction.

Shaking violently, he rose to his feet and slowly, warily, walked back up to me. He didn't blink, except to get the tears out of his eyes. "You-you said..." he had to take a deep breath and then put his hand gently on my face, to study me. "Sean...did you...did you have...does the name Twinn-do you recognize it?"

I nodded. "He was my older brother."

That broke him. He grabbed me in his arms, sobbing silently. I didn't understand yet, but I didn't care. "I thought I lost you...I watched your brothers die, and I assumed...losing you was the worst. I loved your brothers and mother, but you...sweetheart..." He stepped back and smiled so big he reminded me of the Joker. Then, turning to Rose, he said six words that made me freeze like a statue.

"Rose, meet my daughter, Claire Ann."

Rose gaped at me, while I just stared at the Doctor. My mouth was dry, and I had to swallow quite a few times before I could speak. "Doctor...I'm not sure that's possible. I'm not a pure-blooded Time Lady."

He smiled and put his hand on my cheek, studying my face, as if that alone would make it true. "Your mother had a half-Fresbatorian father. And when you regenerated, you made yourself as human as you could. That's the reason for your scent. I could never mistake Claire Ann."

I looked over at the hologram. I knew it was me, and the Doctor knew it was his daughter, but could it really be true? Could I really be his daughter?

"How old was Claire Ann when you thought she died?" I asked.

"Twenty. Four years older than Sean and seven younger than Twinn."

I took a deep breath. "TARDIS, please show me the current regeneration of Claire Ann."

I knew it would be me-I knew it would-but I needed to see it. I needed to see myself there.