-12-

When he comforts you...

"Miss Jeon, we need you right now for the Choi case, its an emergency" 

I jump out of bed as Taehyung scrambles behind me. 

"I'll be there, gimme 10," I say as I open my cupboard. 

Somehow my hands are shaking from shock. 

Taehyung holds my hand as he pulls out a sweater and a pair of jeans from my cupboard. 

I am still shaking as I focus on the floor. 

He takes my shirt off as I let him do it. 

"Emergency?" He says softly as he tugs at my pyjama. 

I nod as he pulls my pyjama down and puts the jeans on. 

He puts the sweater over my head as he plants a kiss on my forehead. 

He quickly brushes my hair as he helps me get my files. 

I rush down as he helps me get into the car. 

"Drive safely ok, don't worry," He says worriedly as I nod. 

I kiss him before starting the car. 

I take one look at him from the side mirror as I sigh heavily. 

"I just hope nothing goes wrong" I murmur. 

"She got a sudden contraction and fell down from the stairs," the nurse says as I slip on my gloves,

"Y/n honestly they have to choose, either the kid or the mother" 

I shudder as I look at her. 

"Two of them are gone, one is still there, but the mother is going through intensive bleeding" 

I gasp as I enter the operation theatre. 

Just by the look of it, I know that things are not going to be easy. 

--

I sit down on my desk as tears flow down my cheeks. 

I couldn't save them. 

 Suddenly everything around me goes cold. 

I don't understand what's happening to me. 

Someone comes into my room as I look up.

"Y/n-

"I just want to be alone Jimin, please," I say trying to be as kind as I can to my best friend

"Just know that I'm there ok, go home, the senior doctor came to know what happened and she asked you to take the day off" 

I nod as he leaves. 

I feel scared of everything around me. 

I shift my arms so that they are wrapped around myself. 

I slip under the table as I shiver. 

The ground seems to move. 

My insides feel as if they are going to burn. 

I am having a panic attack. 

*On the phone*

Jimin - "Hey Taehyung" 

Taehyung - "May I know who is this?" 

Jimin -"Um this is Jimin, I'm y/n's best friend" 

Taehyung - "Did something happen to y/n" 

Jimin - I'm not sure if you know, but y/n had a big surgery today, The mother was pregnant with triplets and today she fell down from the stairs, so the kids, unfortunately, couldn't be saved but because of y/n, we were able to stop the mother's excessive bleeding and save her. She blames herself for the loss of the kids, I wanted to give her space so I didn't speak to her much, she is in her office now"

 Taehyung - I'll come over. 

Please pull me out. 

Something is happening. 

The lights are on, but the whole room feels dark. 

I try to pull my legs closer but nothing happens. 

I try to reach out to someone, but no one is there. 

Just when I was giving up all hope, someone pulls me out.

I hold them tightly. 

The scent. 

Its Taehyung. 

My Taehyung. 

"I didn't kill them, I tried-" 

"I know y/n, you have to calm down jagi, you're having a panic attack, hmm I want you to put your hand on my chest and mimic my breathing, can you do that?" He asked sweetly as I nodded. 

My breathing slowly came back to normal as I rested my head on his chest. 

"I wanna sleep Tae" I murmur as he pushes me against him. 

"I love you," He says.

 I figure at this moment that is all I need to fall asleep.

I wake up in Tae's bedroom. His arms are wrapped around me protectively as he looks at me. 

Before I can say anything he puts a finger on my lips. 

"Y/n before you say anything you should know, you're not the one at fault here, you saved the mother's life y/n, you saved her, you know how big that is, I know that the kids died, but that was not your fault, you tried your level best and everyone knows that except you. You know you have given their family another chance, when they thought that everything was going to go downhill, you saved her, you saved their family y/n, whatever happened was maybe what destiny had planned for them, but you saved her remember that, when everyone thought she was going to die, you didn't give up and you saved her" He says as he wipes my tears. 

I nod as he kisses me slowly. 

"Where's Hyun?" I ask as I smile. 

"He is at your parent's house, Jungkook is teaching him how to flirt with girls," Taehyung says as I burst out laughing. 

"That idiot can't stand in a one km radius of girls and he is teaching my son to flirt, wow," I say as Taehyung smirks. 

"Well I could teach him, I'm good at it, hmm," He asks as he dangerously comes closer to me. 

"Yahh-stay away," I say as I put a hand on his chest. 

"You don't mean that do you," He says as he places me on top of his chest.

"Nah," I say as we both burst out laughing.