Camilo x NB Reader

They/Them reader

~Y/N POV~
Did I get stood up? Camilo is nowhere to be seen and he was meant to meet me here ten minutes ago. I sigh and go to walk away, when I hear rather loudly-
"Y/N! WAIT UP!!" Camilo comes running towards me, but sadly doesn't make it. I watch him fall to the ground, trying my best not to laugh. He lifts his head, and practically death stares the floor. I chuckle.

He gets up and brushes himself off, walking towards me as if nothing happened. "Hola Y/N," Camilo says looking at the floor. "Hola Camilo. Did you have a nice trip?" I laugh at myself. He grabs me by the waist and glares at me playfully. I feel my face heat up. We're just friends. We're just friends. Camilo lets go of my waist and starts walking off.

"Hey, wait!" I catch up to him and we walk to a massive grass patch. He sits down and gestures for me to do the same. We sit in silence for a bit, both trying to think of what to say. Camilo looks ahead of him, and finally speaks up.

"Y/N, I know people don't like you much in the village. 'Oh, they're weird, Oh, they hang out with Camilo too much'" He sighs. "The girls are jealous of you because apparently I'm good boyfriend material. I don't want to date any of those annoying fangirls," He lies down on the grass. I look at him. I am so confused.

"Y/N, I like you. Alot. I don't want to be I love but I am, with you" Camilo looks at me and then places his hands over his face. I blush and keep looking at him. "Oh," is all I can get myself to say.

"Look, I get it if you hate me now but I thought I might as well let you know," He puts his hands down and glances at me again. "Y/N? Please say something. You're making me nervous," I feel him looking at me, though I'm looking straight ahead. I don't know what to say, so I nod. I should probably say something. Oh god.

"Yeah, I like you too," I hope that didn't sound bad. I bring my eyes over to him. "I really, really like you Camilo," I smile as I see his eyes widen. "W- wait. Really?" Camilo smiles slightly.

"S- So, will you, um, be my partner?" I nod and he grins from ear to ear. "C'mon, we should go get something to eat," I stand up and hold out my hand. He gets up and looks at me. I roll my eyes and take his hand into my own. He turns a light shade of red as we walk through town. People stare at us. Girls look at me with murder plans developing in their eyes. But I don't care. I can be happy, with him. I smile. He even used the correct terminology, for me.

A/N
Awe man I hope this was good. I know it's short but it's my first one! I'll keep posting little things like this until I get requests. Bye <3