NOT HER FAULT! - Mirabel x GN Reader (platonic)

(Requested by Belizeannon)
This is such a cool idea.

Mirabel's twin finally snaps at the family for the way their sister is treated.

Warnings:  Cussing, violence, angst, blood.

Y/N POV

I lift my head from my book as my twin sister walks into our bedroom. She looks upset, like she's been accused of something.

"You good, Mira?" I ask, placing the book beside me. Mirabel sighs and flips down onto her bed.

"Yeah. Just peachy," she mutters, taking off her glasses and placing them on her bedside table.

"Right. What happened?" I question, sitting up.

"Just Abuela. She's really getting on my nerves." Mirabel explains quietly.

"What's she doing?" I ask.

"She yelled at me because I wasn't in bed. She's probably gonna have a go at you soon." Mirabel states. I frown and lean back in bed.

"Oh well. You'll feel better tomorrow," I say, rolling over to face the wall.

"I suppose. Night, Y/N/N."

"Night Mira."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of a door creaking. Blinking rapidly, I turn around to see Mirabel is gone. I groan and get up myself.

I get dressed and rush out the door so I don't miss breakfast.

"Y/N. Slow down!" My tía Pepa exclaims as I almost knock the both of us over.

"Eh, sorry tía!" I apologize as I speedwalk to the outdoor table.

Mirabel gives me an anxious glance, and Camilo and Dolores stare at me nervously.

"What?" I ask quietly, sitting beside Dolores. The four of us sit at the end of the table, bunched together.

"Abuela is really mad at Mirabel. She's probably going to lose her mind at you later." Dolores explains in a whispered tone.

"Why's she even so mad?" Camilo asks, scrunching up his face and looking down the table.

"I got out of bed, she caught me and yelled at me. And there's also the fact that, if you didn't know, I'm giftless?" Mirabel says the last bit sarcastically.

"Family, today I want everyone to work as hard as they can." Abuela states sternly. I notice Camilo roll his eyes, and Mirabel scoffs.

"Okay, let's go," I say, standing up and grabbing Mirabel's hand.

"Y/N. What are you-"

"Be quiet, I'll explain later." I mutter, leading us to town.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mirabel!!" Dolores comes running up to us in a nervous rush. Luisa follows behind.

"Abuela wants you," Dolores says, panting. I glance at my cousin, and up at my older sister.

"Okay. Um, wish me luck?" Mirabel stutters, shrugging her shoulders.