chapter 1

He sighed as he leaned against his locker, glancing at the clock, 15 more minutes until classes start, when's he getting here?

Sunghoon's not surprised, Riki would either get here and be one of the earliest students or really late that he would get detention, no in-between. He wasn't a problematic child to the teachers.

He felt excited to meet Riki again, as they didn't meet for a whole week as Riki had personal problems, though when he texted Riki, the younger said it was nothing much to worry about.

Though he also felt nervous to meet him again, as he had just dyed his hair for the first-ever time in his whole life. Riki had always suggested that he should dye his hair.

"You only live once!!" was probably his life motto as he always says this every time.

almost 15 minutes passed and still no signs of Riki.

Then suddenly, his phone dinged.

Hey hyung, I think I'll be late for today! I'm sorry :( I'll see you at lunch though :D A smile crawled up onto his face he read the message.

It's fine, just be careful when you come here. I'll see you at lunch ^^ He replied. "Okay then... Guess we're heading off to class." He murmured as he stared at the school entrance before walking off.

As soon after, lunchtime came. Riki had once sent Sunghoon his time schedule, so Sunghoon went to the art room, waiting for Riki.

A small and shy smile on his lips as he passes by the corridors, knowing that people usually see him as someone comes here to see their classmate Riki.

"Pretty sunbaenim's here to see Riki hyung again." "I wanna be Riki, he's so lucky to have such a pretty friend."

Ignoring how the younger's classmates talk about him, he waited by the door for Riki to come out.

It was nice that their teacher always lets them go out a few mins before the bell so that the students can go find their friends of different grades or classes.

The door of the classroom suddenly opened, scaring Sunghoon.

His eyes widened as he saw Riki, which he also got the same reaction as. "You dyed your hair!?" both same question, different tones. One with excitement and one with full shock.

"Hyung, oh my god! You look so beautiful!? I told you, you should've dyed your hair sooner. Oh god, I am just in awe," Riki fanned himself as he was stunned by the older's beauty.

Whilst the older was getting flustered by his compliments and how pretty Riki looked in his black hair. He looked a lot more mature. "You look great in your black hair too." The elder mumbled.

"Aww did you get shy? I'm sorry, I keep blabbering but I'm just surprised at how good you look, like don't get me wrong you always look great but damn you just hit different now." The younger said as they started walking which made Sunghoon chuckle.

He always adored the younger to be able to talk about without getting shy of what others would think of him.

"wait, let's head to my lockers first, I'm gonna go put my books in then we'll head to lunch." Sunghoon nodded.

The two continued to walk together to the younger's locker as he continued to talk about many topics.

Arriving at their locker, Sunghoon left nervous.

"it won't take long, just a second." The younger smiled, opening his locker, an envelope fell.

it had a small flower taped to it, with an "open me" with a smiley face.

Gosh, Sunghoon felt his face heat up at his stupid little decoration.

"Oh yeah, I saw this when i got to school... I was already late so I just threw it back into the locker and ran to class." Riki laughed, "I feel bad for doing that, but it's okay. I hope the person wasn't offended by this."

He opened the envelope to see a small handwritten letter.

I've always asked what's wrong with myself.
The feeling I get when I see you.
My heart pounds uncontrollably whenever you're near or when you call my name.
what's wrong with me?
Love, is that what we call the feeling?

A small smile came on the younger's face. "What are you smiling at?" Sunghoon asked, pretending that he doesn't know and that he didn't just try to bury himself six feet under the ground.

"Nothing, love letters are cute." Sunghoon raised an eyebrow, "I didn't know you were into cheesy things." He teased,

"I mean, I appreciate the effort for doing these. Even if they're cheesy." Sunghoon bit his lip shyly as he looked away.

"But anyway, let's go get lunch. Jeez I'm starving," Riki said as he walked away. "fucker, wait for me!" Sunghoon yelled as he ran after the younger.

As they two bickered while walking, they got to the cafeteria where their friends waited for them.

"Look who decided to show up! Mr. Park and his dearest best friend Mr. Nishimura." Jake says, eyeing at the two.

"We didn't take that long," Sunghoon replied and they sat down. "mhm, it was my fault anyway. I took long reading the letter." The three others widened their eyes and glanced at Sunghoon.

Then looks away hurriedly. "Oh really? From who?" Jay asked, "Anonymous. But it's cute." Riki answered with a soft smile. "can I see?" Jungwon asked, smiling as the younger handed him an envelope.

"Thanks," he murmured as he and the other two crowed over to read the letter. Sunghoon's face goes red as he gets embarrassed by what he wrote.

Jake smiled at him teasingly as he read it, "Ah Riki~ You've got someone madly in love with you." Jay said. "I wouldn't say madly."

"Woah, I didn't know you got someone feeling like that. Who do you think it is?" Jungwon asked, clearly keeping up with his act and not giving hints.

"I don't really know. I know a lot of people here...It's kinda hard to guess." Riki answered.

"Maybe we'll just wait and see until he- I mean they confess!" Jake quickly fixed himself. "don't misgender anyone, hyung~ We don't know their gender nor pronouns."

"Sorry sorry."

"So it seems like we dyed our hair and you've seen to kept up with us while not being with us, are you stalking us?" Jay teased. "Nooo, I'm not. It's just a coincidence."

"A whole week without seeing you guys, I swear I missed you all so much." Riki told them, "Especially Sunghoon, I'm sure." Jungwon said, making Sunghoon hide his face with his palms. "Hyungs, don't tease Sunghoon hyung."Riki giggled.

His giggles could be the cause of Sunghoon's death. "Are you okay though? What was the problem?" The youngest just shook his head. "It's okay now. Don't worry about it."

Riki changed the topic and talked about Jake's blonde hair.

Sunghoon smiled as he watched Riki talk. Really, anyone could see how whipped he was for the younger.

- end of chapter 1 -