Chapter 7

School has finally ended after another hour and 20 minutes.

Riki quickly runs out as Jungwon struggled to follow from behind.

"Hey! Wait for me- God." He pants.

Riki slows down as Jungwon caught up to him.

"You have too much energy, calm down. I thought I was gonna die while trying to catch up." Jungwon says between pants.

"You're just old." Riki chuckles, "We have a 10 months difference!?" Jungwons replies, offended.

"Yeah, ten. If I was born after another two months, we would have a year difference and calculating, you're still older than me either way." Jungwon scoffs.

"This is why you're single." Riki laughs. "But we have someone crushing on me~"

"Lord, take away my strength before I slap this kid." He mutters. "See!? You called me a kid."

Jungwon takes his bag and digs his hand into it to find something.

Riki laughs and runs.

Jungwon quickly catches up and throws an old book at him.

It was Jungwon's old notebook, Notes that he kept memorizing for the exams.

"call me old again and I'm not gonna pay for your food." Jungwon tsked.

Riki gasped, "You can't! We agreed that you would pay."

"I'll take off the offer if you do that again."

Riki pouts and quietly walks to the cafe.

"Thank you for not taking off the offer, I would've cried," Riki says with a smile,

"Of course, we wouldn't want to see a teenager throw a fit in a cafe, now would we?" he smirks.

Riki gasps, "You don't love me! After all this time." He says.

"I do love you. I just don't have enough patience to tolerate you. Unlike Sunghoon hyung and Jake hyung."

Riki smiles, "Because they love me."

"Riki, you tried kissing them both."

Riki avoids eye contact and smiles. 'W-well.."

"I'm just saying, you did."

They continued to talk as they waited for their food to arrive.

"I wonder if we'll get any time together after our exams," Riki says as he fidgets with his pen.

"Why?"

"Mom says that we're gonna stay in Japan until schools start again, so basically the whole summer holidays." He answers.

"That's not completely bad, you should spend some time home too."

The younger nods, "But I'm gonna miss you guys."

"Riki, we have phones. We can contact each other any time we want."

Riki mutters a "yeah."

The awkward silence soon falls again.

Their food shortly arrives.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I'm being a bit too awkward right now." Riki apologizes.

Jungwon shakes his head. "It's fine, we don't always have to hold a conversation. If you don't know what to talk about, it's okay too."

"Though, you should do your homework instead of staring at it." Riki laughs. " I know, and I will."