Chapter 6

The pickup line was not quite what Sunghoon had planned but it would help him for the time.

He still couldn't believe that he actually wrote a pickup line,

He never would've thought he would be a cheesy type of person but yet again, he writes love letters to his crush...

Sunghoon waits by the usual spot for his friends, he had apparently woken up way too earlier than usual and couldn't go back to sleep.

Currently standing by the lockers with a cup of coffee as he scrolled on social media.

I wonder if Jake woke up by now, he usually arrives at this time... He thought as he checked the time.

Speak of the devil, Jake calls him.

"Hello?"
"Hey, Jake, what's up?"
"Dude, I'm sick. I can't come today."

Sunghoon stays quiet, It explains why he's not here. "Get some rest, alright? I'll send you what the teacher taught today. I'll also tell the others."

"Thanks, Hoon, have a nice day." The call ends.

Sunghoon takes a sip of his coffee as he continued to wait for the others to arrive.

15 minutes passed since Jake called in sick.

"Jeez, where are the others!?" he mutters under his breath.

He hears footsteps behind him but ignores them as the hallway is already getting crowded.

"Boo!" Someone says as they attack him with a hug, Sunghoon jumps a little.

"Goodmorning hyung~ I missed you," Riki says with a cheeky smile. "Goodmorning to you too, brat," Sunghoon replies.

"I'm not a brat but okay~ I hope you enjoyed whatever you were doing before I came." "You meant my coffee?"

Riki nods,

Riki unlocks his locker and smiles as he saw the letter.

"I wonder what they wrote today." He says as he opened the envelope.

"Einstein once said 'nothing is faster than the speed of light.' It's noticeable that he hasn't seen how fast I feel for you."

Riki laughs, he then sees the small arrow, pointing that he should look at the second page.

"I'm so sorry- I ran out of ideas and my friend suggested writing a pickup line TT I hope you didn't mind. I'll come up with a better one soon~
-P "

Riki frowns. "P..?" He muttered under his breath. "What's up?" Sunghoon asks.

"Oh um, nothing... I think they left a clue. for something." He answers." A clue?"

"Yeah, it says P at the end of the letter."

"It could be a name," Sunghoon replies.

"I know... But today's letter was rather interesting and amusing than heartwarming." He tells the older.

"What do you mean by that?" "They wrote a pickup line and apologized for it." The younger replies with a small laugh.

"I find it cute."

Sunghoon looks away and bites his lip. He thinks I'm cute!?

"You think they're cute?" He asks, "Yeah, I did ever since I got these letters. It's adorable that they're shy to confess and how they write the letters is nice to read. I think they're a really smart person."

Sunghoon wants to cry, Riki thinks of him like that, without even knowing it was him.

"That's so cute, young love. When am I gonna find mine?" He says dramatically, "Who knows~ You'll probably be single forever." Riki giggles.

"That's an insult, are you saying I can't pull anyone?" Sunghoon rolls his eye. "I'm saying that you would probably reject them instead."

"Alright lovebirds, stop bickering and let's get to class." A sudden voice says, startling the two.

"Jungwon! You didn't tell us you got here, and where's Jay?" Sunghoon says.

"He left to class, he said he needed to finish some homework. And I got here like a minute ago, no worries."

"So Jake hyung is sick today..." Riki repeats with a pout. "Yeah,"

"I hope he gets better soon. He gets sick as soon as I come to school, that's not fair."

"It's okay, Ki. He'll be better soon." Jay says and ruffles his hair.

Riki nods.

The group goes silent for a while as they ate.

"Oh! Do you guys want to go to a café today? Or study at the library." Jungwon suggests. "I don't have things to do after school so I'm a bit bored."

"I'll come with you. We could study together at the café." Riki says. "Hyungs?"

Sunghoon shakes his head, "I'm sorry, I can't. I promised my mom that we could hang out this evening and do something together."

"I have a ton of homework to finish. I don't think I'll get them done if I do it at a café." Jay replies.

Jungwon pouts but nods. "It's okay, hyungs. Do what you must do. I don't really mind. Good luck with your homework, Jay hyung. And have fun Sunghoon hyung." 

_______

"Soo" Jungwon starts as he turns around to Riki.

They were currently in class, waiting for the teacher to arrive.

"What was the letter about today?" He asks, "a pickup line." Riki answers as he scribbled on his notes.

"Oooh, a pickup line?" He repeats with a laugh, "I didn't know they were cheesy."

Riki looks up, "You know them?"

Jungwon shakes his head, "I mean I didn't think they would be the cheesy type." he lied.

Jungwon did not want to accidentally tell Riki that the person that had a crush on him was Sunghoon.

"I think it was cute..." Jungwon smiles, "You find everything they write cute."

"So what?" he grumbled. "Hold onto that patience, I wasn't saying it in a bad way."

"I know,"

Jungwon looks around, trying to check if the teacher was coming.

"She's still not here." He says.

"She did say that she had an emergency to attend before lunch, she still hasn't come back yet. I guess it was urgent." Riki shrugs. 

"I hope she's okay though," Jungwon says and plays with Riki's hair.

The younger leaned into his touch and sighed, "My neck hurts." he mutters.

"Then take it off for a while." Jungwon replies, "That wouldn't help... wait, what do you mean to take my neck off?" Riki asks, rethinking the question.

"It was a joke, nothing much." he continues to play with the younger's hair.

"Your hair's softer than usual, did you wash it today?" Riki shakes his head,

"I'm so bored." Riki whines as he leans on Jungwon, "Class will be done soon."

"We have another after this." Riki pouts. "Stop being a big baby, Just endure it."