chapter 2

A small smile on his lips as he entered his house, rethinking how Riki had reacted to his letter.

Quiet as usual, His mother still must've been at work.

Alone... again.  He sighed. Not that he minded as he was used to being alone.

As if on cue, the front door opened and someone walked in. "Good evening, Sunghoon!!" His mother said as she entered the house with grocery bags.

"Good evening, mom... I thought you were still at work?" he replied, "I got off work early today~ I already finished them a few days ago. I just wanted to spend more time with you." she smiled.

"But we do spend time together on weekends?" "I know, I've been coming home late and I wanted to have dinner with you and talk about school, you know? Like how we usually do." He nodded. "I understand."

"Now go wash up, yeah? I'll make dinner for the while." Sunghoon nodded and went upstairs to his room.

He liked the idea, she's been busy for quite a while.

He walked into his room, putting his bag down on his bed.

With a soft smile on his face, he went to the bathroom.

Walking out of his room while halfway through wearing his shirt, Sunghoon made his way downstairs.

"Ooh, you're already done cooking?" Sunghoon asked as he walked to the dining room. "Mhm, you know that your mother doesn't take long cooking, unlike someone." Sunghoon smiled as he sat down. "Thank you for saying I can't cook, mother."

"You can cook, Sunghoon. You just take longer." She laughed, "How's school?"

"It's going well, nothing much," he replied, taking a spoon full of the food she had made. "What about your lover?" she asked, making him widen his eyes.

"L-lover?" "I thought you had one?"

Sunghoon laughed shyly and shook his head. "I'm still single." He murmured, "oh so you like someone then?" He nodded.

"I see... so that's who you were talking about the other day." she said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to listen! I just overheard it."Sunghoon smiled, "it's fine, mom."

"So... who is it?'

He looked away and bit his lip. "is it fine if it's a boy..?" he asked in a quiet voice. "I thought you already told me." Sunghoon's eyes widened, " I did?"

"yes..?" I'm a fucking dumbass. Sunghoon groaned, "So, who's the lucky guy?"

"Riki." He said in a quiet voice. "Your best friend?" she asked surprised, the male nodded.

" I understand, He's a great guy. I don't know much about him so best of luck when you confess, dear." she patted his hair. "Um... I do send love letters." She gasped.

"Aww, you're so cute, Hoonie! And That's a great idea." She smiled. "Yeah... I'm still kinda scared to confess, you know? I don't really wanna make him uncomfortable with me."

She looked at him and held his hands, "It's fine, don't force yourself if you don't want to do it. Wait until you're confident enough." The male nodded with a small smile. "You were just like me... I guess love letters are part of our genes."

The next morning, there was a sudden change of temperature. From a cool breeze to cold wind.

Everyone wore warm clothes, it was freezing cold. For Sunghoon, at least. It was cold but not many reacted like him.

It was absolutely freezing for him. Maybe showering with cold water without knowing that the temperature had decreased was not a good idea.

He sneezed as he arrived at his locker.

"Sunghoon hyung!" a cheerful voice exclaimed as footsteps approached. "Good morning to you too." The elder replied as Riki attacked him with a hug.

"I meant to greet you with a friendly hug. why are you as cold as ice?" Riki asked, "I showered with cold water without knowing the temperature." Sunghoon smiled. "Dummy."

Riki went behind and hugged him. "Now you'll be warm!" He said with his head resting on the elder's shoulder.

Sunghoon's face grew red, which caused the rest of the friend group to chuckle. "What? I'm being kind!" He exclaimed as he didn't know what they were laughing at.

They all started talking about many topics, wasting their time before the bell rings. Sunghoon sniffled and shuddered in Riki's arms. It was a small habit he had whenever he was cold.

"Are you okay?" Riki asked, "I'm fine, it's just a habit." Sunghoon replied with a smile.

The younger's hand traveled into the elder's pocket where he put his hand and intertwined with it, using the other hand to turn Sunghoon's face towards him, giving his nose a small kiss.

"Jeez, you're freezing." He then casually said, staring at Sunghoon who was turning redder by the second.

"Riki- why'd you kiss his nose?" Jake asked, "My mom always does that whenever my nose felt cold! " the younger replied. "But it doesn't really take the cold away."

"It helps, in a way. Do you want one too?" He teased and started chasing Jake around the hall.

"You good, dude?" Jay asked and laughed. "Uh... Physically?" Jungwon laughed and pat his back. "It's okay."

The two which ran off came back together with Ni-ki sticking onto Jake.

"Class starts in a few minutes! It's best to leave now." Jake told them. 'Ah yes.. Of course."

______

I didn't realize at first but I slowly started to realize I started liking you.
 You only treat me as a friend,
That's not what I want, I want you

But better as a friend than rather a stranger!
And yet, I'm not confident to confess face to face.

___________

"Aww... Do they think I'll hate them when they confess?" Riki asked with a pout. "I'm not like that."

Jake smiled and ruffled his hair, "Everyone thinks like that. It can be from past experience or they tend to overthink. But it's not your fault, ki."

i wonder how Sunghoon comes up with the love letters... Jay wondered as he watched Sunghoon try not to bury himself under the ground every time they talk about his love letters.

"How long did think it'll go for?" Jungwon asked, "we're not sure either. But whenever it is, it will be when the admirer is confident!" Jake answred.

"I don't mind! This may be the second letter but they do make me happy .. I like the way they write them." Riki said shyly.

"Of course, you do. I do anything to get someone to love me as much." Jake dramatically said and winked at sunghoon.

I am going to bury myself under the ground. Sunghoon thought as he hid his face with his hands.