Chapter 11

A nice calm and relaxing date,

What should I do for this date?

Riki sighs, Strolling around the park seems too simple, or a movie date?

The male lets out a groan and lays on his bed, "Why are dates so hard to decide about!?"

Maybe if Riki did not try to plan it by saying it would be a calm and relaxing date, it may have been easier instead of planning it like that.

He wants the second date to be simple but fun but just going out and eating would be a bit boring to his thoughts.

Riki walks around his room as someone knocked on the door, "come in,"

His sister, Konon, walks in.

"Hey, what's up?" She asks with a smile, "Not my good mood," She laughs at the reply and sits down on his bed,

"I have a date and I don't know where to do it. I told her that It would be something relaxing and calm too." He groans. "Her?" Konon asks,

"Yeah, Daeun?" Konon stares confused, "I thought you were dating Sunghoon?" Riki's face heats up,

"I- I'm not dating anyone! I'm just going on dates with Daeun to confirm my feelings."

"Oh, so you don't like her?" She asks, "I don't know!" "Riki, be honest with me."

The younger sighs and sits down next to her,

"Konon, I don't know... Whenever I'm with Daeun, I just feel guilty for doing it. I don't know how I feel about it, she's fun and great but I just can't see myself dating her but I also don't want to break her heart."

"see? We have your answer, you don't like her." Riki looks away,

"Riki, stop being oblivious. You don't like her, it's okay to not like someone, besides you didn't feel pity for that certain someone."

"That certain someone was Daeun." The older rolls her eyes, "You're so dumb sometimes but fine. Do you think of anyone while you're on a date Daeun?"

Riki bites his lip, "Well... I think of when I went out with him and the others." Konon nods, "And he is...?"

Riki looks away,

"Oh, I see."

"But- I don't know if I like him as a friend or in that way! Love is so confusing, Konon." The older nods,

"Enough of that, Let's end it for now. For your date with Daeun, maybe go watch a movie? It's still a simple and nice date. And maybe be honest with how you feel about her."

Riki sighs, "okay... Thanks," "No problem, We can continue talking about your feelings for him later." she winks and leaves him room.

"I hate you," He mutters, "Love you too!" She yells back.

____

"So, a movie date?" Daeun laughs, "Yeah... I kind of ran out of ideas." Riki says, "It's alright. You tried, it matters to me the most."

"Plus, I love horror movies, so that's an extra score for you," Daeun replies and intertwines their fingers as they walk to their seat.

"Oh- I didn't know you were a fan of horror. I thought you would prefer mystery." Riki tells her, "I like both. They're equally interesting."

"I see,"

"So, do you wanna go walk in the park? We can talk about some things." Daeun suggests, "O-okay," Riki replies nervously.

He should tell her the truth,

"So, it's a pretty day, isn't it?" She asks, "It is, I like taking walks in this weather."

Daeun hums, "Do you?" "yeah,"

"Or with someone?" Riki frowns, "What do you mean?"

"I mean as in only with a certain someone?"

"I like walks alone too."

Daeun lets out a sigh, "Riki, be honest with me, will you?"

"Okay..."

"You're doing this out of pity, aren't you?" she asks, "W-what!?"

"You don't like me, do you?" Riki mutters a reply, "Speak up please,"

"No, I don't... I'm sorry," Daeun smiles,

"It's alright. You should've just been honest with me since the start. I knew I didn't have my chance with you, but I tried..." She says in a guilty tone.

Riki doesn't understand,

Was she feeling guilty for her feelings? Was it because he didn't like her back?

"Please don't feel guilty, we can't control feelings." Daeun lets out a laugh, "I know,"

"I just feel guilty because I ruined someone else's chance."

Daeun once again laughs when she sees that Riki seems confused,

"You'll know who it is, It's not my part to reveal it." she waves it off,

"Do you wanna grab ice cream before we end our date? My treat." She smiles, "Okay..."

The two walk to the ice cream shop near the park.

"So, Daeun," the older looks up. "Why did you start writing love letters?"

Daeun looks at him confused, "What?"

"The love letters...? Weren't you the one who sent those to me?" The older shakes her head,

"The only one I've sent was to confess to you... I haven't written any other than that."

Riki stares confused, "So... it wasn't you?"

"It wasn't. Maybe you got us mixed up?" She asks,

"I didn't know who they were and you sent me a letter that day and there wasn't any other besides that one, so I thought it was you?"

Riki sighs, So I still don't know who they are?

"Sorry,"

Riki shakes his head, "It's okay,"

"So... the person you like, who is it?" she asks,

Silence,

that was the only answer, "I'm sure you already know,"

Daeun smiles, "Sunghoon?"

Riki's face heats up at the mention of the older's name,

"You always looked and talked about him like he was the love of your life... I'm not surprised, you brought him up a lot on our first date too." She says,

"O-oh... I'm sorry,"

"It's alright, it's mainly my fault. I knew you couldn't be with me but I tried..."

Riki smiles, "Everyone makes mistakes, It's okay."

"Should we head back home now?" Riki nods,

"Thank you, I had a lot of fun for our dates." Riki shyly nods, "me too, I hope you find someone... better than me."

Daeun shakes her head, "Don't say that, everyone's good in their own way. See you at school, Riki!!" She waves,

the younger waves back as they part ways.

He lets out a soft sigh as he walks back home.

"That's that for today... I guess,"